As an Electric Drives Engineer - Production Verification & Validation, at John Deere’s Construction and Forestry Division (Dubuque Works), you will lead, plan, develop and execute analysis and verification plans for high power electric drive components, sub-systems, & systems. In addition, you will:
- Perform power electronic and electric motor analysis for off-highway electric drive systems applications.
- Perform hybrid vehicle and electric drive component testing in state of the art lab.
- Drive and support improvements to the current component and vehicle electric drive testing process.
- Provide problem solving of issues on new electric drive product development and current production.
- Participate in print reviews and design reviews of new electric drive products.
US Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 3 or more years of previous engineeringexperience performing analysis, testing and/or design work for a defined portion of a project or equivalent.
- Knowledge of power electronics and electric machine operating principles.
- Analytical experience in electro-magnetic principals and power electronic controls.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership potential.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% (both domestic and internationally).
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
- Previous dynamometer and vehicle test experience.
- Experience with data acquisition and analysis software, such as: LabVIEW, dSpace, Glyphworks, Matlab, NI, etc.
- Experience utilizing SAEJ1939 interfacing tools or other vehicle controller interfaces.
- Knowledge of standard laboratory instrumentation and calibration processes.
- Knowledge of environmental verification testing.
- Master's degree in ElectricalEngineering or Mechanical Engineering with focus on electric drives.
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.