Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, Together, Building a Better California is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
The Contract Performance Manager (CPM) is a new position in the ET Project & Contract Governance organization. This position is a key enabler for the implementation of the Contract Lifecycle Management Standard in Electric Transmission. This position will be aligned with project managers and will partner with the project management organizations, other contract management functions, sourcing and the various lines of business of Electric Transmission to manage the contract lifecycle. The CPM will be responsible for delivering quality contracts with tangible earned value to PG&E internal customers, while maintaining the highest degree of safety for employees, coworkers, service providers and the general public.
- 7 years of expereince in a simiar role managing contracts for major heavy civil, pipeline or industrical construction projects
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 additional years of related work experience, if no degree has been acheived
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or job-related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Certification such as one of the following or related:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Program Management Professional (PgMP)
- Contract & Commercial Management (CCM)
- Certified Cost Engineer (CCE) certificate
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Experience with quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC) regarding contract documents.
- Experience in construction project controls, cost estimating, and scheduling.
- Experience with process development, review, and continuous improvement.
- Utility industry experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the transmission line and substation construction business.
- Knowledge of contract processes and procedures and relevant contracts and licensing - for example ESC, IBEW, tort, contract law – as needed to perform at the job level.
- Understanding of PG&E Contractor Safety Program, ISNetworld and Gold Shovel.
- In-depth understanding of PG&E’s business as well as the customer’s business.
- Possess and demonstrate a full working knowledge of contract negotiations and contract management.
- Knowledge and understanding of federal, state, regulatory, and local laws, ordinances, regulations, agencies, and issues impacting (past, present, and future) electric operations within the utility industry.
- Prioritizes workload independently based on department priorities and goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work and interact with diverse groups of people (internal and external), ability to gather and assimilate information from large groups of people, and ability to communicate effectively and professionally with people.
- Leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with information systems and applications (e.g. SRM, Ariba, SAP, scheduling software). Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products - for example Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access - as needed to perform at the job level.
- Provides contract oversight throughout the contract lifecycle:
- Validates contract requests data with Project Management team (work start dates and dollars)
- Responsible for contract identification in consultation with Project Management, Construction Managers and Contract Field Specialists
- Responsible for determining contract strategy with Project Team and Strategic Sourcing
- Responsible for the analysis and determination of contract readiness
- Ensures assignment of subject matter experts to contract requests
- Develops and manages Contract Management Plan
- Performs contract onboarding including contract terms validation, internal mobilization and supplier mobilization
- Provides contract performance oversight with PM Team
- Works with PM Team through contract close-out
- Participates in Request for Information (RFI) / Potential Change Order (PCO) review process
- Manages supplier claims and disputes
- Provides PM Teams with commercial contract education
- Conducts contract performance reviews
- Present to audiences of internal customers, stake holders, PG&E Senior Leadership and Vendors.
- Takes ownership of vendor relationships.
- Consults on the development of contracts, bids, agreements, and request for proposals (RFPs), working with Contract Specialists and key stakeholders.
- Prepares and delivers contract status reporting.
- Performs analysis of contracts and identifies solutions to mitigate and/or minimize vulnerabilities.
- Manages more complex contracts and change order terms
- Participates in developing complex scorecards to assess contract performance.
- Creates new and innovative approaches, tools and tactics to solve complex problems.
- Leads cross-functional projects or process improvement initiatives.
- Trains stakeholders on policy and complex contract issues.
- Provides quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC) oversight for the contract performance team.
Requisition ID # 15757