The primary job responsibilities of the incumbent include managing relationships with current customers, cultivating relationships with prospective accounts, fullfilling technical service requests, coordinating internal trials on laboratory equipment and managing customer trials on production machinery.
What will be expected from you?
- Negotiate sales prices with prospective accounts and implement price increases, or concessions at current customers
- Manage Huntsman’s relationship with current customers to maintain current supply position, uncover new opportunities for additional sales, and to monitor competitive activity
- Maintain an understanding of market conditions and changes in the Footwear industry
- Travel to customers in the Americas region for commercial discussions, technical service visit, production trials and to uncover new opportunities
- Submit a call report for each customer visit
- Requests input and feedback from supervisors and fellowassociates when technical problems or commercial obstacles occur or project timelines are threatened; ensures all project objectives are thoroughly understood
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to upper management at customer sites and to internal commercial and technical groups
- Communicate all customer requests that require technical development work to the Footwear technical team
- Work in a safe manner according to all Huntsman EHS (Environmental, Health and Safety) guidelines
- Follow all Huntsman Compliance procedures
- Become familiar with the fundamentals of Two Component Polyurethane Chemistry
- Respond to customer inquiries by carrying out laboratory work such as the preparation of polyol blends, isocyanate blends, and performing small-scale chemical reactions on a bench.
- Lift and carry 45lb chemical samples over short distances
- Submit liquid samples and molded test samples for analytical and physical analysis as specified in the specific customer request
- Combine a fundamental understanding of Polyurethane chemistry and a high level of creativity in order to develop solutions for customer needs
- Establish safety stocks and manage inventory of assigned commercialized products
- Prioritize the sequence of production batches with Supply Chain and Manufacturing groups
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- BS degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineer and 3 – 5 years of recent sales experience OR
- Business degree with 3 – 5 years of recent chemical sales experience
- Proven account management and successful sales experience
- Excellent communication and cross cultural awareness skills
- Detailed and accurate, to make sure projects are handled correctly
- The versatility to work in diverse subject areas
- Strong work ethic with a hands-on attitude
- Knowledge of two-component polyurethane chemistry
- Experience with low-pressure dynamic mixing equipment
- Available for business travel, approximately 20% in a calendar year