We are seeking an ELA Coach. The ideal candidate will have a passion for the mission of HCZ Promise Academy, a demonstrated track record of success moving students and using data to inform the big picture, and an understanding and respect for the families and community of Central Harlem.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list is intended only to illustrate the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Regularly observe all ELA teachers and meet with them to provide feedback
- Develop and execute professional development for ELA faculty based on teachers? needs, including peer observations
- Participate fully in professional development for school faculty, including peer observations, professional research and reading, reading inquiry sessions
- Support ELA teachers in developing curricula, syllabi, and assessments
- Facilitate weekly department meetings designed to supportstudent development of essential skills and curricular alignment with Common Core State Standards
- Communicate regularly with classroom teachers to reflect upon student progress, assessments, and direction for further instruction
- Analyze standardized test results and create and share strategies for raising test scores
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualification, Skill and Knowledge Requirements
- Deep experience in the design, integration, implementation and management of a school including knowledge of best practices in ELA curriculum, instructional practices, and professional development
- Has a firm knowledge of research of best practices and a field-wide view of exemplar resources to leverage
- Excellent coaching skills and demonstrated track record of having improved teachers? performance over time through coaching relationship
- Respond promptly to request; provide needed direction, assistance, training, materials and resources.
- Possesses highly effective project management skills to successfully lead numerous streams of work in a high paced demanding environment
- Master Degree in Educationrequired
We offer competitive salaries with performance-based bonuses, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Job Type: Full-time