How this role will make an impact:
- Data is critical to the success of any retail organization, and at PetSmart, it is the lifeblood that drives value by providing the information to make strategic business decisions and process improvements.
- The Enterprise Information Management (EIM) Manager for Strategic Projects is accountable for planning and implementing new BI solutions including scope, schedule, and resource estimates as well as negotiating priorities by developing strong relationships with IT and business partners. This manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction to internal and external resources in the design, development and deployment of data integration, reporting, and analytic solutions that support business strategies.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Interacts with the business partners and IT leadership to determine reporting requirements for strategic projects.
- Responsible for project blueprinting which includes scoping, estimation, prioritization, scheduling, and resource planning.
- Provides leadership and direction for the strategic project execution through design, development, test, and deployment of data integration, reporting and analytic solutions.
- Partner with external vendors for added resource capacity to meet project demands.
- Develops standard artifacts for communication, direction, delivery, quality, and solutions.
- Anticipates project risks and issues, and negotiates to overcome them through creatively and relationship building.
- Responsible for budget management, purchase order creation and invoice processing for external labor.
- Understand and advocate best practices in modern analytic architecture.
- Work within various Project Management methodologies like Agile and Waterfall.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- 7+ years in Enterprise Information, Data Warehouse, Integration and Business Intelligence environments
- 3+ years leading development teams
- Experience managing external vendors
- Experience in budgeting and planning for external partners
- Experience in multiple SDLC methodologies (i.e. Agile, Waterfall, Iterative)
- Strong communication and leadership skills to lead and influence across the enterprise.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneous
- Results oriented with high degree of accountability to get things done.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Business Intelligence tools and technology like Netezza, Informatica and MicroStrategy (or equivalent).
- Experience working with latest big data, data science technologies like Hadoop, Spark, R
- Experience operating in cloud data environments (Azure, Google, Amazon, Snowflake)