11 - 15 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Job Number : 84830
Division : Engineering
We are currently seeking experienced candidates for the position of Environmental, Health & Safety Manager at our Manufacturing Site (near New Orleans, LA). This position will manage site EHS&S programs, and serve as subject matter expert to company, including assistance at other Client locations as needed.
* Develop, implement and maintain all site specific policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and company policies. This includes but is not limited to:
* Maintain all environmental permits for the facility
* In conjunction with engineering and operations, review, update and/or submit new permit applications, permit renewals and any necessary permit modifications, including injection wells.
* Complete and submit all environmental reports required by the state and federal agencies accurately and on time (DMRs, EIS, TEDI, TRI, TIER II, Waste Generator Reports, etc.).
* Conduct all necessary inspections (RCRA, SWPPP, LDAR, etc.) and ensure that all appropriate sampling and monitoring activities are implemented to maintain compliance.
* In conjunction with engineering and operations, review all capital projects for compliance with all environmental permit & operating conditions and corporate requirements
* Coordinate waste minimization efforts and waste disposal shipments/activities.
* Serve as the Management Representative for the facility's ISO14001 Environmental Management System.
* Establish RC-14000 goals and objectives for the facility and institute programs to achieve these goals and maintain RC-14000 compliance.
Safety, Health and Security:
* Develop, implement, and maintain site specific policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable safety and health regulations and company policies. Conduct or coordinate activities pertaining to safety, health and security.
* Manage site process safety programs.
* In conjunction with engineering and operations, review and coordinate all PHA activities, including PSM review, CAR Hazard Review and MOC Hazard Review.
* Coordinate all industrial hygiene activities such as employee monitoring, hearing protection, etc.
* Ensure all applicable safety and occupational health annual training activities are conducted
* Plan, coordinate, execute, and evaluate projects and programs for EHS, including industry technical programs, meetings, forums, workshops, and special interest groups.
* Maintain the Emergency Response Plan in accordance with OSHA regulations and provide required training to staff and hourly work force.
* Manage plant security.
* Ensure accurate safety records are in place, including a Hazard Communication Plan and up to date SDSs.
* Investigate and track employee and contractor safety training, incidents and injuries.
* Maintain database for recording and tracking investigation and corrective action items resulting from safety audits, suggestions, inspections, and incident/injury investigations.
* Serve as an Emergency Coordinator for the facility.
* BS in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Safety Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related EH&S discipline with minimum 10 years in EHS role in chemical manufacturing environment.
* Working knowledge of waste, water, and air standards and permitting.
* Thorough knowledge of RCRA, CWA, CAA, SDWA and other relevant federal and state regulations, standards and permitting requirements.
* Broad understanding of regulatory compliance in both environmental and safety areas, including EPA, OSHA, DOT and other EHS regulations
* In-depth knowledge in the transportation and storage of non-hazardous and hazardous chemicals through various modes of transportation
* Knowledge of ISO 14000 and RC14000 principles and requirements .
* Strong leadership, directing, partnering and influencing skills.
* Discretion to work with confidential and sensitive issues on a regular basis.