EHS Manager - RT
Rome, Georgia 30161
Successful candidate should have the ability to:
- Work closely with local community leaders to present the mill as a good corporate citizen for safety and environmental stewardship
- Instill safety as a core value within the mill team and effectively communicate a shared vision for safety
- Develop thorough knowledge of mill equipment and systems quickly
- Utilize excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to groups and individuals at all levels
- Ability to relate well to peer group and influence and support mill lead team to deliver on multiple obligations including those in the EHS area
- Approach positional responsibilities in an inclusive manner by engaging all team members in area, department, and mill
- Exhibit the characteristics of the leadership model (Character, Capability, Catalyst)
- Utilize the Change Process to drive change
- Utilize strong organizational skills to handle multiple tasks effectively
Ten (10) years post college experience in EHS with minimum five (5) years experience managing an EHS team in a complex regulatory environment. Technical degree in environmental engineering/comparable technical field or equivalent work experience is required. Must be willing to relocate to any mill location within the US.
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. We are known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The Mill EHS Manager is the leader of the Environmental, Health, and Safety programs, policies, and procedures for a fully integrated pulp and paper mill. The EHS Manager is responsible for all facets of day-to-day operations for the safety department (including fire safety and fire systems), environmental department, lab services, mill security, and landfill operations. This includes responsibility for safety, environmental compliance, employee engagement, process productivity, efficiency, area financial performance, and quality for the EHS department. Furthermore, the EHS manager interfaces directly with community leaders and regulatory agencies to represent the mill within the community and region. This position reports directly to the Mill Manager and is a member of the mill’s lead team.
The EHS Manager will be heavily involved in a broad spectrum of areas including operations, maintenance, technical, and people.
- Ensure the mill complies with all applicable environmental, health and safety laws and regulations and corporate policies
- Manage all regulatory reporting requirements and permitting processes
- Support all safety and environmental incident investigation processes, including reviewing investigations and corrective actions
- Work with mill and local health care facilities to manage incident follow up and treatment activities
- Liaise with local health care facilities to partner with the mill for treatment services
- Develop, implement, and maintain effective systems, procedures and training to achieve an accident free and environmental incident free mill
- Implement mill and company health and safety programs to identify and reduce risk from hazards
- Manage mill and company safety initiative progress and tracking systems, including serious injury and fatality prevention, leading indicator tracking program, top 5 hazard identification and remediation, critical health and safety program gap closure, among others
- Achieve continuous improvement through sustainable EHS management systems
- Drive initiatives to identify and develop processes for continuous improvement
- Provide visible and active leadership in delivering excellent safety results
- Coordinate within the EHS department and other business units to optimize area performance to meet the needs of the department and the mill, including process balances as needed (e.g. upset conditions and outages)
- Complete technical process evaluations and improvements
- Provide support for capital project development and implementation
- Implement systems to improve/sustain results in environmental and safety systems
- Provide support for budgeting cycle targeted at delivering year over year savings
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ten (10) years post college experience iny EHS with minimum five (5) years experience managing an EHS team in a complex regulatory environment.
2. Technical degree in environmental engineering/comparable technical field or equivalent work experience is required.
3. Must be willing to relocate to any mill location within the US.
4. Present Salary?
5. Salary Expectation?
6. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder?
7. Current complete address: