EHS Manager - RT
Prattville, Alabama 36067
This is a short write-up written by you that outlines the candidate’s strongest qualifications for this position. Please explain WHY you are submitting this candidate for consideration.
This write -up will be forwarded to the client, so make sure it is short (no more than 5-8 sentences), and addresses all the qualification requirements on the job description. This summary must be written by the recruiter, NOT by the candidate. Please do not just copy and paste this information directly from the candidate’s resume.
The Mill EHS Manager is the leader of the Environmental, Health, and Safety programs, policies, and procedures for a fully integrated pulp and paper mill. The EHS Manager is responsible for all facets of day-to-day operations for the safety department (including fire safety and fire systems), environmental department, lab services, mill security, and landfill operations. This includes responsibility for safety, environmental compliance, employee engagement, process productivity, efficiency, area financial performance, and quality for the EHS department. Furthermore, the EHS manager interfaces directly with community leaders and regulatory agencies to represent the mill within the community and region. This position reports directly to the Mill Manager and is a member of the mill’s lead team.
The EHS Manager will be heavily involved in a broad spectrum of areas including operations, maintenance, technical, and people.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Successful candidate should have the ability to:
1. Work closelywith local community leaders to present the mill as a good corporate citizen for safety and environmental stewardship
2. Instill safety as a core value within the mill team and effectively communicate a shared vision for safety
3. Develop thorough knowledge of mill equipment and systems quickly
4. Utilize excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to groups and individuals at all levels
5. Ability to relate well to peer group and influence and support mill lead team to deliver on multiple obligations including those in the EHS area
6. Approach positional responsibilities in an inclusive manner by engaging all team members in area, department, and mill
7. Exhibit the characteristics of the IP leadership model (Character, Capability, Catalyst)
8. Utilize strong organizational skills to handle multiple tasks effectively
9. Ten (10) years post college experience in EHS with minimum five (5) years experience managing an EHS team in a complex regulatory environment.
10. Technical degree in environmental engineering/comparable technical field or equivalent work experience is required.
11. Must be willing to relocate to any mill locationwithin the US.bioinformatics
12. GPU programming experience
13. Present Salary?
14. Salary Expectation?
15. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder?
16. Current complete address: