Our Oxnard, CA contract manufacturing client is seeking a hands on, bilingual EHS manager who will be responsible for the strategic planning and execution of:
a) auditing of Environmental Health & Safety compliance and company EHS policy and standards
b) managing the Enterprise Risk Management program
c) managing EHS jurisdictional requirements on governance and oversight
d) managing compliance negotiations with external EHS agencies
e) partnering with internal and external stakeholders on to ensure that the company has a well-designed, implemented and assured approach to EHS compliance management.
The EHS Manager will have proven track record and success in building collaborative and productive working relationships; networks with, and appropriately involves key internal and external stakeholders; influences key business decisions as well as functional and operational EHS strategies; plans, executes, and evaluates complex assignments that have a broad impact on operations and the business.
- Resolve a wide scope of complex EHS situations Provide in-depth analysis of metrics and apply technical knowledge to improve site safety and environmental performance
- Support leadership as EHS subject matter expert
- Collaborate across all pillars to ensure EHS is embedded and foundational to the success of company collaboratively with all levels of the organization; coach, train, and mentor Operation Leaders regarding site safety program requirements, expectations and WCM methodology
- Implement programs, practices and procedures designed to reduce safety risks and environmental impact of manufacturing operations
- Responsible for successfully managing health, safety and environmental compliance for the operation
- Maintain fiscal responsibility by operating within budget while continually seeking functional cost reduction opportunities
- Interface with regional and peer site safety personnel to lead initiatives, share learnings/best practices and collaborate on execution plans
- Manage and facilitate EHS local audits and corporate governance programs; site liaison for governmental & agency inspections
- Manage EHS incident/injury reporting and recordkeeping requirements; ensure timely investigation and corrective action completion
- Partner cross-functionally to ensure site medical services and return-to-work programs for ill or injured employees are delivered effectively
- Ensure site hazard/risk analysis program is implemented as required
- Partner cross-functionally to develop and deliver site EHS training strategy
- Accountable for maintaining and reporting on key EHS metrics/KPIs for the site
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable regulations and legislation
- BA/BS in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field; Masters degree desirable
- 5 years of related experience required
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and identify critical technical obstacles, and to make accurate technology decisions.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections.
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to effectively oversee the activities of the project team and adapt to rapidly changing priorities or requirements.
- Comfortable with the ability to face up to issues squarely and early, resolve conflicts, admit to having problems and seek coaching openly, escalating if necessary.
- Champion the people and the project up, down, and across the organization and with customers.