Ensure site EHS excellence and compliance with EHS regulations and corporate EHS standards. Manage site operations for waste disposal/recycling, air quality, and wastewater quality. Ensure the safety of all personnel through effective administration of safety policies and procedures, planning, developing and delivery of safety training, and maintaining compliance with OSHA and other safety regulations, emergency planning, coordination and response, investigation, and reporting. Supervises on-site EHS team. Conducts EHS audits of II-VI manufacturing facilities worldwide and assist other II-VI sites in EHS matters as needed.
Bachelor Degree in Science or Engineering or equivalent
- 5-10 years of full-time EHS responsibility in a manufacturing environment, including 1 year of supervision.
- Hands-on expertise in all areas of EHS.
- Able to balance financial, safety and environmental objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and ability to comprehend and communicate at a high level with Senior Managers, customers, distributors, regulatory agencies and all hourly employees.
- Ability to anticipate and handle multiple priorities and complex/abstract issues involving external and internal priorities
- Ability to handle special assignments promptly and professionally
- Due to ITAR compliance, this position requires candidates to be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident Alien, or Protected Individual per 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)
- Ability to wear all kinds of personal protective equipment, including full face respirators
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate.
- Working knowledge of U.S. and state (preferably PA) environmental and safety regulations
- Experience in EHS auditing, managing Process Safety Management (PSM), managing Risk Management Program (RMP) and managing Homeland Security Site Security Plan.
- Certification as a Radiation Safety Officer, Laser Safety Officer, Certified Safety Professional and Certified Industrial Hygienist
- Experience with ISO-14001 programs.