DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The EHS Manager will direct and oversee all environmental health and safety programs for the distribution center. Adhering to OSHA regulatory standards, implementing safety and health initiatives, and meeting the goals and objectives of the organization for reducing work related injuries and hazards. The EHS Manager achieves warehouse objectives by contributing information and initiating action plans for safety and environmental health standards. Resolving problems, identifying safety hazards and trends and reporting corrective actions are within the scope of a EHS Manager’s role and responsibility. Provide education to employees regarding safe work habits and compliance with OSHA standards, environmental waste reduction, and corporate initiatives.
- Must comply with all EH&S regulations for the protection of the environment and maintain safe working conditions.
- Ensure all warehouse associates are knowledgeable of EHS regulations, policies, procedures, practices, and work instructions and are compliant with all requirements.
- Organize the required daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual meetings regarding EHS topics.
- Manage all accident / incident investigations including random and post-accident drug screenings when applicable.
- Manage OSHA documentation including worker’s compensationreports.
- Communicate with employees and supervisors concerning safety.
- Manage and perform internal audits on EHS procedures and training curriculum by department.
- Oversee and direct EHS Coordinator and Safety Trainers.
- Validate all required Safety, EHS, and PIT training is completed per the recommended schedule and meets all standards and compliance.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lead and foster a team environment, utilizing excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both internal and external.
- Ability to become familiar with operating practices of a distribution center.
- Employee may be certified in-house to operate powered industrial vehicles, if applicable.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may be exposed to heights up to 30 feet. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles, and can be exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold including climates consistent with outside weather conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related field equivalent experiencerequired.
- Working knowledge of OSHA Standards and Regulations
- A minimum of 5 years’ senior level managerial experience in a multi-shift operation required.
- Advanced technical skills in logistics or manufacturing processes and methods to include safety improvement plans, environmental health and safety standards.