Global F&B company seeking an EHS Manager for their complex 100 employee organic food & beverage manufacturing location near Eugene, OR. Excellent benefits, competitive compensation and full relocation package!
This position is responsible for the development and execution of programs to ensure that the Company provides a safe workplace for employees and minimizes impacts to the environment. This position will lead compliance with all federal, state, and local environmental, health, and safety regulations. The incumbent will implement a sustainable environmental, health and safety management system at a plant level and drive EHS performance improvement and efficiency. This position will participate in the companies EHS Leadership Network.
The incumbent is successful through strong leadership, vision, and effective management and ensure these goals in a professional atmosphere that enhances Company economic viability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Develop, implement, and drive cost-effective compliance training, and regulatory safety and environmental programs.
10%Develop and implement EHS programs, policies, procedures and best practice techniques, implement new regulatory requirements, and provide control measures that reduce or eliminate risks to the Company. Implement and maintain an EHS Management Systems.
10%Conduct EHS assessments at the facility, identify areas for improvement, lead corrective actions (from plant and corporate/3rd party audits).Report EHS results to manufacturing Plant Manager and Sr. Director, Environmental Health and Safety.
10%Oversee all EHS training programs and requirements. Lead EHS reviews and identify requirements for engineering projects, new lines/equipment and management of change activity.
15%Investigate injuries/illnesses, near-misses and environmental incidents. Determine root cause of incidences and provide corrective action plan. Manage and track injury and illness data and environmental metrics. Lead reduction in injury and illness rates and environmental impact and costs. Serve as a champion for Sustainability projects.
35%Build proactive safety culture at plant. Create environment where employees and supervision are engaged in working safely.
20%Prepare, maintain, and comply with federal, state, and local agency environmental reporting and permitting and Corporate EHS Standards. Advise on all EHS legislation and legal requirements. Ensure facility maintains ongoing compliance with OSHA/EPA requirements, safety standards, wastewater treatment plant operations, air permits and waste management practices. Serve as the interface with local, state and federal agencies.
This section identifies the minimum job specifications required to perform the job.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional leadership skills and ability to mentor and motivate (a real passion for EHS)
- Effective management skills.
- Serves as a change agent to drive process improvements and cultural change
- Creates alignment
- Must be adaptable and flexible.
- Works well under pressure, effectively handles conflict, strict deadlines and multiple tasks
- Ability to assess and implement EHS best practices.
- Excellent organization, recordkeeping and documentation skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors or Masters in Safety, Environmental Health, Chemistry, or related field.
- Must be knowledgeable with OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Must have 7+ years of high speed plant and manufacturing experience, preferably consumer packaged goods or mass food or beverage manufacturing industry exp.