Establishes, manages and coordinates all Environmental, Health, Safety, and Security programs and functions of the facility. Participates in the development of EHS personnel for this facility and other facilities within the Corporation, including members of the Vehicle Group Family, in areas of ISO 14001, VPP/ESP, Asbestos awareness, and the Corporate EHS Audit program (MESH), and other regulatory areas. Develops and implements programs for the facility to meet the regulations set forth by government agencies and Eaton. Maintains a secure facility by providing coordination of the contracted security company and applicable security measures for the facility. The EHS Manager supports the creation of a strong culture that engages employees in the achievement of the company’s goal of a “Zero Incident” Culture.
- Leads the creation of the site EHS&S targets and objectives (MESH Plan) in support of corporate, regional and business group EHS&S strategic initiatives designed to drive EHS&S culture, compliance, and results.
- Ensures that the federal, state, and local EHS regulations are met including air, land and water to provide a safe working environment for employees, and a clean and healthful environment for the community. Maintains fiscally and socially responsible methods and processes of managing natural resources and waste.
- Interfaces with regulatory agencies and divisional personnel to direct environmental, safety, and health efforts at the facility, in the division, and other groups within the company. Establishes and maintains relationships with governmental authorities on matters of mutual concern including voluntary certification, maintenance of environmental permits, submission of requiredreports, and maintenance of data.
- Leads site efforts in the development and deployment of EHS management systems (e.g. ISO 14001, VPP, MESH) to ensure that key EHS operational controls are in place. Ensures that any and all action items identified within all EHS management systems are resolved in a timely manner
- Complies with Eaton’s ethics policy and keeps the management team informed of issues associated with regulatory compliance.
- Manages all investigations, measurement, and evaluations of environmental, safety, and health conditions and ensures that relevant research, development, planning, design, and advisory and related activities occur.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing environmental, occupational health or safety programs within a manufacturing (plant) environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Master’s degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Environmental discipline
- Professional certification such as Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM)
- 10-15years of experience in managing environmental, occupational health or safety programs within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working in a matrixed organization
- Leader with a Continuous Improvement mindset
Requisition ID: 039241