Our client is an industry leader. This position will manage the EHS programs at one of their plants in central Michigan. The focus of this role will be on developing, implementing and managing strong safety and health programs and maintaining with the highest quality, multi-media environmental programs. In addition, the successful candidate will, through building rapport on the plant floor, influence the operations management on EHS principles, practices and safety culture. The EHS Manager will educate and engage with regards to Best Practices and superior compliance performance.
The EHS Manager will assist in analysis of new processes or new equipment to assure the safety of operation. Additional responsibilities include but not limited to: site safety inspections, monitoring workers compensation, post-accident testing, costs, policies/procedures, coordination with other business unit locations and creating and implementing improvements on existing training programs.
- Associates or Bachelor?s Degree in an Environmental, Health, Safety or IndustrialEngineering. Related disciplines may apply.
- Possess 3 plus years of progressive experience in plant safety
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities and proven ability to apply rigorous problem solving processes.
- Capable of planning and prioritizing work including down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions; staging activities with relevant milestones and schedules.
- Knowledge or training of occupational health, safety and environmental compliance with applicable federal and state regulations and standards.
- Hands-on health, safety and environmental training experience.
- Experiencesupporting a broad range of safety and health programs in fabrication, welding, machine shop/machining environment is preferred.
- Provide EHS technical expertise on manufacturing systems, process design and operating procedures
- Assess and identify the workplace for the presence of health, safety and environmental concerns and make recommendations to control or eliminate those concerns
- Establish operational goals to drive EHS improvements. Facilitates the development of a three year EHS improvement plan with site leaders.
- Perform analysis of workplace EHS trends to measure and monitor performance metrics plus ensure accuracy of injury (OSHA) reporting and company EHS scorecards
- Evaluate the operations, equipment and practices for EHS regulatory compliance and with company standards
- Conduct and coordinate EHS training including the development of specific training for the workplace concerns based on assessment of site operations and incident trends
- Guide team members to focus on long term sustainable EHS improvements
- Communicate EHS information and provide expertise to operations, government representatives and the general public on issues concerning health, environmental performance or workplace safety
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing principles as a means to drive safety compliance and continuous improvement.
- Develop methods to identify operation hazards and evaluate safety problem areas. Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices. Review injury and property damage reports. Provide advice and counsel concerning all city, state, and federal compliance regulations.
- Provide guidance and direction to other departments to ensure compliance.
- Develop programs to reduce injury potential