You should be a self-motivated, team focused professional; with at least 5 years of experience in the project safety field, preferably on heavy highway construction projects. A Bachelor's Degree in a related field and industry related professional certifications such as CSP (Certified Safety Professional), CHST (Certified Health & Safety Technician), or CIH (Certified Industrial Hygienist) are strongly preferred. You will be responsible to plan, implement and supervise all project safety, accident and fire prevention programs for a major bridge replacement directs the work of other Safety Managers and personnel. Analyzes need and determines specifications for protective safety equipment, materials and gear. Directs surveillance and inspects and controls hazardous working conditions or unsafe employee activities. Insures all required records and reports are complete, accurate and submitted as per established procedures.
- Maintain Safety and Health Program that meets or exceeds corporate minimum requirements.
- Create, communicate, enforce and identify opportunities for improvements in Project Safety Program.
- Coordinate, schedule, and facilitate all Subcontractors Pre-Construction Safety Planning Meetings acting as a resource for field operations with compliance on Federal (OSHA) and state as well as local safety and health regulations.
- Maintain all administrative tasks related to project specific safety documentation/filing system, etc. including OSHA recordkeeping, management reports, etc.
- Review and approve all Subcontractors Site Specific Safety Programs and Job Hazard Analysis prior to Subcontractor mobilization.
- Conduct regular site evaluations, follow up and tracking of corrections to deficiencies
- Attend superintendent meetings and monitor Tool Box Talks/Discussions to assure documentation and quality
- Perform root cause and accident investigation techniques in the event of a job site accident – including collection of safety and health standard incident reporting forms and documentation working closely with local and Risk Management
- Enforce documentation on the proper training of employees as related to their scope of work.
- Ability to conduct in-house training on various health and safety related topics.
- Assist with OSHA inspections, compliance reviews, insurance provider reviews/audits, and other federal, state, or local agency reviews/inquiries.
- Work with senior management, line management and project teams to ensure organizations SH&E compliance;
- Implement SH&E programs, conduct training;
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.