Day to Day:
- Manage and promote practices and processes intended to provide safe products that comply with appropriate laws and regulations, meet the company quality standards, and serve the needs of our customers.
- Take ownership and demonstrate leadership necessary to achieve goals specific to Safety, Quality, Service, Efficiency and Employee Development
- Monitor KPI’s anticipating and correcting trends which would compromise achievement of targets
- Lead by example to promote and encourage employees to strongly commit to safety and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Consult with all regulatory agencies, ensure compliance and manage audits
- Direct, develop and deliver EHS training programs to ensure employee’s knowledge, understanding and adherence to safety and environmental regulations pertaining to the operation of the facility.
- Manage EHS programs including cost control/reduction and accident prevention/reduction.
- Develop, implement and coordinate all Industrial Hygiene activities including non-hazardous, hazardous, and universal and infectious waste disposal.
- Develop, implement and coordinate all Fire Prevention/Protection and Ergonomic programs.
- Track, approve and maintain chemical inventories for hazard notification, reporting requirements and Material Safety Data Sheet system updates.
- Develop procedures, work instructions and visual standards as needed to drive improvement and ensure implementation
- Assist in identifying and developing audit/inspection criteria which are effective in preventing or controlling deficient or problematic processes
- Ensure all EHS issues identified during internal/external audits and Safety Committee audits are resolved.
- Provide support for incident investigations and Why Tree/Root Cause Analysis.
- Collaborate with local Human Resources Manager in the administration of Worker’s Compensation and Early Return to Work Program.
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five (5) years of experience managing EHS initiatives
- Five (5) years of supervisory experience
- Prior experience establishing proactive Ergonomics Program
- Experience in evaluating/interpreting OSHA, EPA and DOT regulations and NFPA, ANSI, ASTM, ASME, BOMA and BOCA standards.
- Experience with Federal, State and local Worker’s Compensation law
- Experience in managing/handling compliance issues, permitting for all media, OSHA/EPA programs, regulatory reviews, permit preparation, reporting and record keeping
- Displays strong interpersonal skills and is accessible and approachable
- Ability to utilize business sense and creativity to develop new ideas, approaches and solutions
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, cost analysis and budgeting, people management, and leadership guidance