The Environmental Health and Safety Manager will provide Leadership, technical, and tactical Support to, create, implement, and maintain programs and procedures that facilitate all areas of EH&S programs for Multiple Phenomenex Inc. locations. Establish facility operating procedures, data management tracking systems and reporting. Develop/implement compliance achievement plans. Establish audit systems and provide oversight. Implement Air, Water, Waste, and Energy management cost containment programs. Review new/modified products, processes and equipment. Evaluate legislative changes relating to environmental issues for impact on organizational policies and procedures. Develop and implement environmental compliance audits. Provide on-going communication related environmental performance, priorities, cost and major issues to all stakeholders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops and implements programs and policies for monitoring, controlling, and preventing chemical, physical, and biological hazards at the facility.
• Create site specific Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)programs in compliance with OSHA, and other regulatory agencies.
• Evaluates company health and safety performance records, internal compliance audits, training, and makes recommendations to upper management to correct any observed issues.
• Work proactively with Maintenance and Production team to ensure that programs are clearly and accurately communicated, implemented, enforced and documented at the workplace.
• Conducts accident investigations, studies, interprets results, presents specific conclusions, and makes recommendations to immediately initiate corrective actions needed.
• Verify that hazardous chemicals are handled, stored and disposed of in accordance with regulations.
• Develops EHS training programs. Conducts annual refresher training to all employees in the area of EHS, ergonomics and other required aspects through material development, schedule coordination, training data tracking, etc. within regulatory requirements.
• Executes, measures, and monitors process to assess the overall safety performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Maintains OSHA compliance and provides technical guidance to management, government agencies, and regarding health related problems and correct use of protective clothing, etc.
• Conduct hazard assessments, safety inspections and compliance audits to measure compliance and effectiveness.
• Analyze trends through root cause analysis to identify causation and risk factors to identify corrective or preventative action measures.
• Maintains working knowledge of new developments in the industry and governmental regulations
• Serve as an Emergency Response Coordinator for the facility, assisting with the coordination of emergency services and contractors.
• Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety & Health or a related field preferred (Environmental Sciences, etc.).
• Masters in related field a plus.
• 5+ years of work experience preferably in manufacturing in workplace health and safety program management. Associate Safety Professional (ASP)/ Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification is desired.
• 3+ years of supervisory experience
• Working knowledge of OSHA regulations, policies, programs, PPE, safety engineering, accident/injury investigation procedures and operating rules, etc.
• Proven ability to influence actions and mindset throughout cross functional areas.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, strong attention to detail, organizing and prioritization.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills along with proficiency in Microsoft Office Products.
• Excellent organizational skills, flexibility, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Must be a team player with excellent people and organizational skills.
• Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change
• Ability to work flexible hours and possible overtime, and business travel when needed.
• Food industry and/or agricultural experience is a plus.
• Spanish speaking is a plus (training, investigations, etc.)