Job Responsibilities: EHS Manager responsible for the development, implementation, and on-going assessment of the site's safety, health, environmental, and property preservation system. Position responsible for ensuring that the site's EHS system meets the objective's of Corporate and Divisional policies, procedures, and guidelines. This individual works with the site management team to create a culture which emphasizes employee engagement, is built upon the 5 focus areas of Operational Excellence and the 10 elements of SMART (Safety Means Awareness Responsibility Teamwork), such that all team members embody safety as a core value of the operation.
- Develops site-specific safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.
- Coordinates all site EHS training.
- Develops awareness initiatives that reinforce SMART (Safety program) and encourage employee involvement.
- Develops and conducts new employee orientation for all applicable EHS topics.
- Compiles, calculates, and submits site safety statistics.
- Acts as liaison between site and all EHS Divisional and Corporate support.
- Acts as liaison between the site and all Federal, State, and Local enforcement agencies.
- Develops action plans to either pursue OSHA VPP STAR status, or maintain same if the site is already in the Program.
- Performs inspections, investigations and analyses to minimize the potential for accidental losses or environmental releases.
- Participation towards completion of other related tasks and duties as directed or needed.
- Lead and support employee led safety committees.
- Maintain balance between technical EHS tasks and time on the floor.
- Manage the EHS Management System and being audit ready at all times.
- Bachelordegree in Environmental, Health, Safety, Engineering or closely related degreerequired.
- 3 + years of Environmental, Health & Safety experience within a manufacturing environment required.
- Working experience with Process Safety Management (PSM) required.
- Experience leading an OSHA VPP Audit or maintaining VPP Status is preferred.
- Experience leading/supervising an EHS team is preferred.
- Previous experience using Continuous Improvement tools such as Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, 5-S or Six Sigma is preferred.
- Experience and understanding of environmental regulations, requirements and programs is strongly preferred.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.