$200K — $250K *
The position requires performing and supervising complex and technical work in a wide range of EHS disciplines in accordance with company guidelines, federal and state regulatory requirements, and consensus industry standards. The EHS Manager reviews and interprets applicable rules and regulations and advises plant staff and management accordingly. The successful candidate should have experience in personnel management as well as a thorough understanding of EHS practices, regulations, and standards.
• Lead and manage a regional EHS team with an environmental and safety operational focus. Support career progression and development activities for staff.
• Partner and collaborate with regional Operations to build sustainable EHS capabilities.
• Manage compliance with federal and state general industry safety programs and support a culture of continuous improvement.
• Provide regional oversight for multi-media environmental programs, including air emissions, wastewater discharge, waste management, and all associated monitoring, reporting, and other permit requirements.
• Facilitate and participate in investigations of EHS incidents, injuries, and near miss events. Recommend improvements in processes, procedures, and/or operation to minimize hazards and ensure compliance.
• Engage with federal, state, and/or regional agencies to resolve permitting and enforcement issues.
• Drive EHS risk recognition and mitigation by assessing and communicating physical, operational, and regulatory risks related to EHS matters.
• Support continuous learning through identification of EHS best practices and timely and relevant communications.
• Serve as a catalyst for continuous improvement through EHS assessments and implementation of corrective actions.
• Track EHS compliance status and ensure timely and accurate completion of task requirements.
• May be designated management or technical lead for an ongoing program or short-term project within the EHS Department.Requirements• Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferably in Engineering or Science.
• Requires 10+ years of experience in EHS, preferably in geothermal or conventional power generation or upstream oil & gas.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Infrequent overnight travel (1 to 2 nights per month) for meetings and other work related events.
Valid through: 6/14/2021