The EHS Manager is a position that will lead & facilitate the integration of EHS processes, standard operating procedures/policies, assists in administering programs and training in compliance with local Federal and State regulations and standards.
Counsel and support operations management and employees in activities to achieve a safe and healthy working environment, and to sponsor supervisory/employee-based activities that will reinforce an efficient/productive EHS work culture. Routinely benchmark best-practices to achieve top standard EHS performance results. This is a hands-on role with significant time spent in all parts of the operation, observing, monitoring, training, and coaching employees towards EHS goals and initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the implementation of CHG EHS Programs and continuous improvement in EHS performance in order to achieve EHS excellence. This will include but not limited to all environmental expectations, emergency preparedness, safety risk assessments (SRA’s) and EHS procedures, waste management, ergonomics, contractor safety, EHS culture, etc.
- Drive improvement and track goal(s) achievement through the collection, analysis, and communication of EHS and KPI data (including but not limited to programs evaluation, workplace audits, ATS finding(s) closure, training completion, injuries and illnesses, and other significant events) in Gensuite (or similar) EHS management system.
- Lead EHS permitting processes, being a close liaison with local regulatory authorities to ensure operations/activities are in full compliance with environmental regulatory requirements. Give input to the leadership team on various compliance requirements, drive compliance assurance program
- Provide technical advice, develop plans, and execute on environmental, health, or safety (EHS) challenges and issues
- Support operations team to focus on EHS program development, implementation, and improvement
- Sustain excellence in EHS and safety culture
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of applicable business and regulatory requirements
- Support necessary programs to assure compliance with industrial safety, ergonomics, chemical safety, and environmental protection requirements
- Provide support and guidance to supervisors and employee Safety Teams, ensuring compliance with regulatory and EHS program requirements
- Assist in modifications of EHS programs and procedures to ensure world-class EHS performance
- Conduct EHS training courses for assigned program areas
- Lead Injury & Illness tracking and case management
- Support project management in assigned areas to ensure regulatory compliance
- Evaluate facility EHS conditions, assess risks, analyze trends and performance
- Develop and implement appropriate corrective-action / continuous improvement plans
- Support assigned area by conducting injury/accident/incident investigations, and follow-up on safety concerns
- Drive timely and effective closure of corrective/preventive actions
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with regulatory agencies
- Track progress against EHS metrics and goals
- Drive EHS compliance to ensure completion and accurate recording of EHS metrics, including training, audit findings, inspections, etc.
- Work cooperatively with EHS HQ on assigned projects and initiatives
- Implement CHG Framework requirements specific to assigned areas (This includes, but not limited to, Risk Assessments, Safety Defenses, Exposure Defenses, Environmental Defenses, and Chemical Management)
- Act as a member of the Emergency Response team; maintain qualifications and support position specific training as well as drills and exercises
- 5+ years of EHS experience with a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university (Highly preferred)
- Associate’s Degree (with 7+ years EHS experience)
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Knowledge of Federal and local State Regulations (OSHA, EPA, DOT, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple sites and/or direct reports
- Fluent in English and Spanish required