Job Description Premier Food and Beverage company has an immediate opening for an EHS Manager in their Greater Atlanta, GA area plant. Keys to success in this role include leadership and influence capabilities, demonstrated ability to manage EHS programs at the plant level and move the compliance culture to the next level.
- 7+ years of progressive experience in environment, health and safety, and/or sustainability management.
- 3+ years of managing the EHS programs at a plant
- Strong knowledge of safety regulations (OSHA, hazard communications, accident investigation and safety training methods, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of industry best practice regarding safety and environmental management practices with PSM & RMP.
- BS/MS Degree in Safety Management, Environmental Health, or related field.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Experience working in a manufacturing facility.
- Food and Beverage experience preferred.
- Works as a Subject Matter Expert to develop and implement site specific policies and programs to ensure the facility is in compliance with safety and health requirements in accordance with federal/state/local regulatory and Company requirements. (OSHA, EPA and Corporate standards)
- Manages daily activities to ensure interaction with facility management team, team leaders, and facility employees in order to increase awareness and education levels regarding safe and compliant work.
- Assures the plants EHS Improvement Plan is appropriate and executed.
- Analyzes incident data to identify trends and incident types that can be prevented.
- Perform job site analysis to determine employee and property exposures, and institute safe work practices.
- Conducts daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual safety inspections, document findings, and implement corrective actions.
- Maintains all site required documentation related to health and safety programs (i.e. accident reports, inspection reports, corrective action logs, training records, etc.)
- Oversees hazardous waste control and disposal activities including training, collection, disposal, and records maintenance and for conservation programs within the organization.
- Coordinates Environmental duties including; SWPPP (Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan), NPDES (National Pollution Discharge Elimination System) Permit, Internal/External Environmental Audits, Air Pollution Permit, Air Quality Inspections, Dust Collector Reports, Hazardous Waste, TIER II Report Corporate Environmental Audit and present annual training.
- Supports property inspection process and closure of loss prevention findings.
- Monitors and supports security-related events.
- Participates in claims management program with HR team.