Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
We are growing!!!! As part of our growth plans, we are looking to expand our manufacturing capabilities.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Directs and is responsible for the plant environmental, health and safety (EHS) function. Ensures the plant EHS function meets Ball's overall environmental health/safety plans and objectives, driving the organization towards outstanding safety performance.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating monthly safety teams/meetings, performing monthly safety inspections/audits, and investigating accidents/managing corrective actions, as required.
- Leads/implements the development and administration of plant environmental, health and safety processes, such as accident investigation, lockout/tagout, confined space, hot work permits, etc.
- Drive best in class safety culture change initiatives and behavioral based safety programs.
- Manage environmental programs and activities associated with regulatory compliance in accordance with Ball policy.
- Develops and facilitates training on EHS initiatives, Department of Transportation compliance topics, and required OSHA/ environmental training.
- Partner with BPNCA divisional H&S Leadership and corporate EHS team to drive ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001 plant level initiatives.
- Drive procedures regarding labeling, storage, spills or disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
- Understands and remains current on environmental requirements.
- Compiles data, prepares and submits required regulatory reports.
- Provides, maintains and monitors all environmental, health and safety management activities including, but not limited to, MSDS files, hazard communication program, environmental educational programs, hazardous waste program, hazardous materials program, air program, storm water program, wastewater discharge program, etc.
- Timely and effectively communicates with Ball personnel and federal, state, and local authorities on environmental, health and safety compliance issues.
- Serves as point of contact for agency and company environmental, health and safety inquiries, inspections, audits and community concerns.
- Maintains thorough familiarity with all aspects of the facility's emergency contingency plan.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience
- HS Diploma/Equivalency required
- Job related experience for 3 year(s) minimum
- Significant experience with OSHA (Including Voluntary Protection Programs) regulations and principles.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: environmental regulations, legal practices, OSHA requirements, environmental principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures, generally accepted managerial practices and procedures, and company policies, procedures, and products.
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard plant environmental operations techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow Ball company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct.
- Strong facilitation, communication, and change management skills.
- This position regularly requires a high degree of mental effort due to considerable interruptions and/or frequent changes of activity or workloads during a typical working day.
- Works in both office and manufacturing environments.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, temperature extremes, etc.
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
Relocation may be available for this position