To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the EHS Manager opportunity, you will have:
Education & Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in EHS, Engineering, or a related field with an EHS management emphasis and significant experience in a related position and/or training or, an equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- 7 to 10 years of experience with a wide range of EHS issues.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or working toward this or an equivalent status.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work and communicate with senior leaders.
- Demonstrated understanding of EHS laws and regulations.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment that is fast-paced and demanding.
- Must be self-directed and have excellent initiative and organizational skills.
- Exhibit a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy.
- Ability to lead and influence others.
- Ability to work well under stress and deliver on time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Reporting to the Americas EHS Leader and working closely with and being responsible to the Rochester Facility Leader, as EHS Lead, you will provide professional knowledge and expertise in the administration and support of environmental health and safety programs. You will monitor compliance with applicable EHS laws and SPX Flow policies and procedures, and deliver an EHS improvement program for the Rochester facility. Additionally, in the following areas, you will:
- Participate as a key member of the facility’s leadership team, driving compliance solutions and EHS simplification through the business cycles.
- Implement and provide on-going support for the SPX Flow risk management and risk assessment process.
- Drive continuous improvement and operationalization of EHS programs, procedures, tools and systems to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and SPX Flow Best Practices.
- Vigorously lead /drive EHS operationalization and accountability to all employees through partnering with the local leadership team.
- Monitor compliance with applicable environmental, health and safety laws and regulations.
- Keep abreast of emerging EHS regulations for applicability and implementation.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the local team, community and regulators.
- Interface with external bodies such as the EHS and Environment Agency to ensure legal/policy compliance and participate in any subsequent communication to stakeholders within the business.
- Interface with other SPX Flow Facilities to ensure best practices are being shared and adopted.
- Prepare for and participate in facility self-inspections and audits, and 3rd party facility assessments.
Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
- Assist facility leadership in developing strategies to Implement facility-specific EHS policies, practices and procedures aligned with SPX Flow, regional and corporate objectives.
- Facilitate compliance with SPX Flow Global procedures and guidelines.
- Partner with regional leadership to implement effective processes for ongoing injury analysis, risk assessment/reduction and self-inspection.
- Assist facility in the identification and development of Health & Safety, Sustainability & Environmental capital investment opportunities as required. Ensure that EHS is considered in any plant or product changes, acquisitions/dispositions and capital projects.
- Establish and facilitate implementation/sustainability of the facility-level integrated EHS management system that meets the SPX Flow Global EHS Management System minimum requirements. Facilitate annual review of systems.
- Assist and guide facility leadership on EHS management system goals, objectives, and associated implementation plans (with measurable attributes).
- Develop continuous improvement initiatives/plans as necessary to align to SPX Flow EHS management system objectives.
- Facilitate development and implementation of environmental sustainability goals and track progress.
- Coordinate and align facility EHS management system initiatives regional and SPX Flow corporate guidance policies and objectives.
- Ensure relevant EHS training requirements are identified and that appropriate training packages are developed and delivered to support the implementation of SPX Flow standards/procedures. Ensure that training programs are reviewed in line with changing policy/legislation.
- Assist facility leadership in implementing an effective system of response to all incidents per SPX Flow policy guidelines.
- Ensure the facility reports incidents as required per SPX Flow policy.
- Facilitate Root-Cause analysis and identification of effective countermeasures for EHS incidents as appropriate.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
What's in It for You
High visibility impact
This is a new role at this facility and in the right hands, it can be tremendously impactful. You can move the needle through strong leadership, by leveraging executive support, driving strategy and building a best-in-class program.
This role can provide challenges and opportunities for years to come. At the same time, once you have proven yourself in this role you might pursue career paths in a variety of areas here in the U.S. and around the world.
With lots of positive change underway, you'll enjoy a good deal of entrepreneurial energy in this role. At the same time, we offer the stability and resources of an established leader with a reputation for innovation built over many years.
Our plant is ripe with human potential and through your strong leadership, you'll empower team members to own EHS. Team members have experience ranging from a year to multiple decades, giving you a strong group with which to work.
In addition to competitive base + incentive plan, you'll enjoy a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental choices with costs shared by the employee and SPX FLOW; an employee-paid vision plan; a retirement savings plan with company match; paid time off; and more. Benefits begin day one.
At SPX FLOW, what's in it for employees goes well beyond market-competitive compensation and benefits. Our Total Rewards program includes a comprehensive offering that combines a challenging work environment with opportunities for personal development, career growth and recognition. The program gives employees a financial stake in their own success and the ongoing success of the organization and includes:
- Opportunities to be recognized and rewarded for hard work and a job well done.
- A platform to spotlight personal talent and achieve exceptional results.
- A chance to display the values and leadership practices we, as a company, embrace.
Keys to Success
This is not a "status quo" role. We're looking for an influencer and facilitator who can build a best-in-class EHS function. You will be a change manager who will actively engage and involve employees at all levels of the organization to drive a culture characterized by accountability, commitment and teamwork.
In addition, to be an outstanding EHS Lead, you will:
- Be adaptable and able to maintain effectiveness through major changes in structures, processes, requirements, culture or environment.
- Build customer loyalty by effectively meeting customers' needs, building productive customer relationships, and taking responsibility for customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement. You will identify improvement opportunities, generate, ideas and implement improvements through action.
- Contribute to team success by actively participating as a member of a team to move the completion of goals.
- Set high standards of performance for yourself and others, and be responsible and accountable for your work.