EHS Manager will be primary resource to R&D and Corporate Services in Cambridge to ensure EHS compliance and management systems are in place. This person will also need to work closely with various leadership teams on the Cambridge campus as we develop and implement the EHS management system
The primary areas of focus for this role are as follows:
- Serve as Radiation safety officer
- Serve as Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) chair and Biosafety Officer
- Serve as the Chemical Hygiene Officer (CHO)
- Manage the Controlled Substance Program
- Serve as a member of the safety committee
- Manage industrial hygiene monitoring
- EHS rep for Institutional Official, Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) for AAALAC accreditation for Vivarium.
- Manage bio-safety risk registration and risk assessment processes
- Manage non-human primate exposure program
- Lead emergency planning & training
- Provide oversight to management of hazardous, biological and radioactive waste storage and respective disposal programs
- Manage EHS permits (i.e. biological materials, flammable storage, waste-water discharge, hot work, alcohol tax, and radioactive materials)
- Complete associated annual reports and regulatory filings for EHS permits
- Lead hazard review processes such as JHAs and PPE Assessments
- Develop and deliver required regulatory training
- Develop and implement management system to conform with Shire’s requirements
- Manage occupational health service provider to ensure compliance with medical surveillance and drug testing requirements
- Manage workers compensation and injury and illness recordkeeping
- Represent Shire during interactions with EHS government agencies and inspections
- Provide support to other Cambridge offices to ensure EHS programs are in place
50%: Supporting EHS requirements for laboratory and vivarium.
20%: EHS support to other Shire Cambridge offices (ie Emergency Planning)
10%: Incident Investigations and Corrective Action Management
10%: EHS Training
10%: Process Documentation Reviews, Meetings and Oversight
Education & Experience Requirements
- B.S. in Environmental, Health or Safety or a related field.
- Minimum 10 years of industry experience
- Experience as Bio-Safety officer and Radiation safety Officer
- CSP and/or CIH qualifications are highly desirable
- Management System experience
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility
- When at R&D facility, must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- No make-up, jewelry, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in GMP work environments.
- Flexibility to engage in work activities outside of the normal 8-hour workday.
- Travel up to 10%.
Req ID: R0018074