The selected candidate will oversee the company?s safety and health programs by promoting a safe accident free work environment and ensuring compliance with workplace security programs. Will have multi-plant responsibility and must ensure compliance with federal state and local regulations.
- Lead / Drive multiple plants Health & Safety Programs by developing, coaching mentoring with plant employees as well as leadership.
- Conduct frequent audits of the workplace. Identify hazards and recommend corrective actions and ensure resolution of hazards.
- Ensure employees are aware of and are using appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Administer the company?s procedures related to safety and health. Conduct training and retaining of the procedures in accordance with each procedure.
- Provides technical guidance and support to global H&S and operations teams.
- Provide guidance to direct reports on common inquiries or complaints, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Implements processes and standards to support company strategies including the interpretation and application of broad policy guidelines.
- Establishes all policies and procedures in compliance with OSHA and other rules, regulations, and codes with all local, state and federal laws in both safety and environmental areas.
- Leads the Global Safety Steering Committee
- 8+ years experience as a EH&S Manager / Director
- Multiple plant experience
- Strong communicator that can train at all levels of an organization