As the Environmental, Health & Safety, (EHS), Director - Centre of Excellence, (CoE) you will
lead the development and standardization of Global EHS Standards, Programs, Tools & Guidance for the Wine & Spirits Division. You will lead a team of Subject Matter experts focused on driving consistency and providing standard direction, tools, and advice on compliance related matters both environmental and people safety related.
As a team leader and people manager, you will be responsible for the ongoing development, mentoring, and organization of multiple direct reports that represent subject matter expertise within the EHS Department. You will be responsible for identifying and defining common strategies and standard ways of working. Through research and networking, you will review and recommend new technologies, tools, and processes to support and simplify the execution of the CBI Global EHS Framework.
The EHS Director - CoE will be required to regularly lead projects of critical importance to the Wine & Spirits Division and may direct programs with corporate wide impact that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources.
- Designs, develops and coordinates the ongoing review of effective EHS Standards, Programs & Procedures for manufacturing, distribution, and administration facilities.
- Strategically integrates EHS concepts into existing and new business processes.
- Communicates and provides expertise to Engineering, Procurement, and Operation Technical Services teams on EHS considerations for equipment selection, construction techniques, building design, new product development, third party contract manufacturing, and other project work.
- Owns and leads the coordination, planning, and execution of the Global EHS Wine & Spirits Gap Assessment process.
- Researches, identifies, and recommends emerging technology and tools focused on simplifying and standardizing the execution of EHS activities across wine and spirits.
- Regularly liaises with Subject Matter Experts in other business divisions, (Beer, Craft, Corporate), to ensure solutions, materials, and guidance developed within the Center of Excellence are universal and representative of existing EHS business processes and needs.
- Develops solutions and guidance by applying advanced level knowledge/expertise of best practices within multiple technical, professional, scientific, and applied disciplines and makes recommendations and presentations based on accepted scientific methodology.
- Provides technical training and mentoring to other EHS specialists on the team.
- Reviews technical work products of other EHS team members as appropriate.
- Manages appropriate EHS consulting resources in the areas of compliance, auditing, and process safety management.
- Communicates and advises EHS management, and other appropriate personnel of EHS, information, regulations, and community concerns.
- Develops proactive plans to address new regulations and EHS initiatives.
- Proactively communicates and participates with government agencies and NGOs in EHS matters.
- May provide formal and informal updates and performance status to Company executives, plants, outside associations, and government personnel.
- Is a member of committees and associations to influence regulations, address community concerns, benchmark and move the EHS performance to the next level.
- A bachelor’s degree in a physical science, and a minimum of ten years of EHS experience is required.
- Experience in the development and implementation of Environmental Management Systems would be highly preferable.
- This position must be able to handle crisis situations professionally, unusual time constraints, multiple and changing priorities, work in confined and high places, contact and communicate with governmental agencies, company executives and personnel in other companies, must be able to testify in legal situations.
- An advanced degree in environment or safety would be preferred
- Excellent communication skills; interaction with all levels of management and Government
- Ability to effectively manage people, projects, and programs
- Advanced analytical skills and ability to organize, prioritize, and manage the successful completion of high-level and potentially complex projects within budget and time constraints
- Knowledge of mathematics, physics, chemistry, and biology sufficient to understand health protection standards, theories, and practices
- Knowledge of current standards, guides, and reports published by various organizations and the ability to interpret and effectively apply them.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Works outdoors/indoors
- Works in warm/cold climates
- Works in high places
- Works on wet surfaces
- Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
- Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
- Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
- Primary office environment may be warehouse/distribution setting
- Work extended hour
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods.
- Lifting may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function
Location Napa, California
Job Type Full time
Job Area Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).
- Apply with LinkedIn