EH&S Compliance Manager -
We are a growing wastewater management company based in Houston, TX that offers its employees a company culture focused on customer service, continuous improvement, respect, safety, compliance, and honesty.
The Company: Waste Resource Management, Inc (WRM) is a rapidly growing organization with operations in TX, CO, FL, IL, and NV. WRM provides wastewater transportation and disposal solutions to its customers and is committed to customer service and the institution of “Green” initiatives.
· Our mission is dedicated to meeting and exceeding customer expectations through continuous interaction and improvement with our customers and employees.
· We place the safety of our employees, communities, and the environment ahead of all other priorities.
The Position: We’re looking for a dynamic, experienced EH & S and Compliance Manager Works as a Subject Matter Expert to develop and implement site specific policies and programs to ensure that our facilities are following safety and health requirements in accordance with federal/state/local regulatory and Company requirements. (OSHA, EPA. DOT & WRM Way standards)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, a Wellness Program & EAP services.
• We also offer a generous 401K employer match.
· Bachelor’s degree in safety management, environmental health, or related field.
· Experience working in a transportation, liquid waste and refining facility preferred.
· Minimum 5 years of DOT training.
· Ability to work with multiple teams across the organization.
· Ability to travel 33% of the time.
· Strong knowledge of safety regulations (OSHA, hazard communications, accident investigation and safety training methods, etc.)
· Knowledgeable of industry best practice regarding safety and environmental management practices.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages daily EH&S and Compliance activities to ensure interaction with facility management team, team leaders, and facility employees in order to increase awareness and education levels regarding safe and compliant work.
- Assures the plant’s EH&S and Compliance Improvement Plan is appropriate and executed.
- Analyzes incident data to identify trends and incident types that can be prevented.
- Perform job site analysis to determine employee and property exposures, and institute safe work practices.
- Supports daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual safety inspections, document findings, and implement corrective actions.
- Maintains all site required documentation related to health and safety programs (i.e. accident reports, inspection reports, corrective action logs, training records, etc.)
- Participates in claims management program with HR team.
- Drive consistency in safety programs across all plants, review and approve corrective actions related to incidents and near miss events, participate in tactical planning and support of corporate safety initiatives, assure all incident reports have accurate and complete root cause analysis and corrective actions before closing
- Conduct physical, documented inspections of all work areas focusing on the identification of at-risk conditions and behaviors.
- Perform regular leading indicators assessments to proactively identify negative trends and recommend corrective action before a loss occurs.
- Continuously assess the leadership abilities of both operations leaders and the safety team and report to Executive Leadership
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of the organizational Safety, Security & Environment plan that enables the effective management of risks to produce “best in class” safety performance and full compliance with industry regulations, including EPA, DOT and OSHA.
- Ensure robust policies, procedures and processes are in place and fully implemented to establish a culture where all employees have safety as a front of mind consideration.
- Ensure appropriate data collection and analysis is in place to enable identification and prioritization of business initiatives to improve EH&S and Compliance performance
- Ensure the education and adherence to the Drug & Alcohol testing regime for the organization.
- Monitor the completion of internal audits and inspections and track closure of identified corrective actions.
- Where assigned - lead cross organizational projects and multi-discipline, project teams
- Represent the company and serve as liaison to such agencies as the EPA, OSHA & DOT
- Request and review background investigation reports such as MVR’s, CDLIS, and PSP reports
- Track all driver credentials and send renewal notification reports to site managers
- Maintain terminated driver DQ files and complete employment verifications as requested
- Maintain all driver qualification files, following the checklists and coordinating and communicating needs with site managers
- Support site managers in the performance of driver and operator training and related observations and reporting
Why Should You Apply?
· Competitive industry compensation
· Excellent comprehensive benefits
· Collaborative teams working toward a common goal
· Environmentally conscious company
We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.