The Electronic Health Record(EHR) is the transactional core of care provided to patients. The ability to leverage data entered into the EHR enables organizations to provide better quality care at a better value. The central team can both technically extract requested data and support requestors in identifying data needs is a key component to an EHR team the extent to which this is seamlessly operationalized is a key measure of EHR implementation success. The position provides leadership support, consultation and education at a site and system level on reporting, measurement, and process improvement methodologies related to clinical workflow, revenue cycle and other administrative EHR data and processes. Project leadership over multiple requests and medium to large size projects that serve to meeting strategic objectives for the team and enterprise. Provides data visualization expertise to clinical, business, and operational leaders to present data information in a thoughtful and meaningful way. Development of training and education content to promote the adoption of a standard reporting data tool set. Responsible for production support of all reporting tools for the enterprise.
- Reporting and measurement~ Using workflow knowledge to ensure seamless use of information and data by endusers
- Identification, use and reporting of performance improvement
- Task management as it relates to requests, projects, and other duties as assigned
- Analyzes, designs, develops, and valid reporting build to meet enduser requirements
- Request Intake, gathering requirements, business needs
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent knowledge) in Business, Clinical, or related field
- Experience Required: Typically requires 3 years of experience in Epic Cogito and Business Intelligence Reporting Tools
- Epic Cogito Certification (latest version). The candidate must pass this certification (max 3 attempts allowed) to perform this role. This certification must be achieved within 60 days of employment. Must maintain certification as the enterprise upgrades to new Epic code (i.e. badges, etc)
- Proficient with Microsoft products
- Proficient with EHR Worfklows and reporting
- Ability to work independently or as part of a group and balance multiple priorities while consistently completing complex tasks in a rigorous goal~oriented manner.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and logical thinking, creativity, self~reliance, communication skills and ability to effectively integrate varied components of a system.
- Team player with a positive attitude, strong commitment to customer service and a desire to learn healthcare related systems and business processes.
- Understanding or proficient in data vizualization concepts
- Requires minimal supervision, self~starter
- Proven ability to create and maintain dashobards/reports intended to summarize data for mulitple audiences
- Expert in performing independent analysis on key organization clinical, financial, and operational metrics
- Expert in the ability to manage multiple small to medium sized projects, tasks, and other duties as assigned
- Ability to create elaborate and concise documentation deliverables to support education and presentation efforts
- Requires occasional travel to different locations
- Position may require travel which may result in exposure to road and weather hazards.
- Exposed to normal office environment.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.