Pentair plc (NYSE: PNR) is a global company dedicated to building a safer, more sustainable world. Pentair delivers industry leading products, services and solutions that help people make the best use of the resources they rely on most. Its technology moves the world forward by ensuring that water is plentiful, useful and pure, and that critical equipment and those near it are protected. With 2016 revenues of $4.9 billion, Pentair employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
A global water leader focused on smart, sustainable water and fluid processing applications. It designs, manufactures and delivers innovative solutions to residential, commercial and industrial customers who place a premium on high quality water and fluids. Strategic business units include Aquatic and Environmental Systems, Water Filtration, Water Technologies, Process Technologies, and Fluid Motion. Pentair's Water segment generated approximately $2.8 billion in sales in 2016.
Pentair is currently seeking a EHS Specialist to provide EHS service, advice, direction and leadership to achieve Pentair’s Zero Harm vision. In this role, the EHS Specialist will responsible for implementation of Pentair’s EHS management system and requirements at a plant level with all department leaders. This individual will be based in our Moorpark, CA facility but will support our Chino, CA facility one to two days per week. Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs facility level baseline risk assessment to determine proper priority improvement opportunities
- Develops, reviews, and revises the EHS management system, including guidelines and procedures to ensure that they are established and effectively implemented
- Implements EHS portion of Pentair CP2 (Culture, Process, Performance) program to drive proactive EHS programs and risk mitigation
- Monitors and audits compliance to EHS management system requirements; recommend corrective action for instances of non-compliance, track effective closure of action items
- Collects and analyzes statistical data and compliance audit results to identify improvement opportunities and initiate action
- Prepare and submit required EHS daily, weekly and monthly reports to internal, corporate and external (such as CALOSHA, CALEPA) sources
- Implement an Injury management program; work with facility Occupational Health Nurse to manage the workers compensation program; ensure all workers compensationclaims are reported to the applicable workers compensation board within 72 hours of becoming aware of a reportable injury; assist in the management of individual claims
- Provides technical expertise and support to promote individual behavior based safety programs and employee engagement programs. Facilitate the TEAMS Zero Harm Recognition program
- Facilitate site Ergonomics program including risk assessments, corrective action tracking and closure, training and committee facilitation, and verification of corrective action effectiveness
- Supports investigations for all incidents and accidents on site and ensure timely completion of corrective actions. Oversee and update incident reporting and investigation system based on effective cause/effect analysis with involvement and empowerment of front line employees to change culture from reactive to preventive and ultimately predictive
- Conducts hazard assessments and risk analysis and track effective closure of corrective and preventative actions. Special emphasis will be on heavy equipment machine guarding, ergonomics and personal protective equipment
- Manages and conducts, when required, EHS training including new hire orientation, on-going EHS training, specialized EHS training (i.e. forklift) and manager leadership expectations
- Facilitates the EHS playbook implementation and maintenance
- Identifies and manages environmental hazards such as noise, toxic agents, waste management, etc. and ensure appropriate actions are taken to control and mitigate potential exposure
- Prepare documentation for Air Quality Permit, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan, Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures Plan, Sewer Discharge Permit, Large Quantity Generator Permit, etc.
- Maintain records related to Federal EPA, CALEPA, and CALOSHA
- Coordinates non-hazardous and hazardous waste disposal while driving facility ZeroWaste program
- Facilitates facility energy treasure hunt process and drive continuous improvement in energy/water use reduction
- Schedules and performs inspections of fire protection equipment, ventilation equipment, storm water outfalls, hazardous waste stream compliance, etc.
Job Requirements & Skills
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in EHS from a recognized institution and experience in project, construction and/or industrial EHS fields
- 5+ years’ experience with increasing responsibilities in a manufacturing, building trades and/or construction work environment if candidate does not have an EHS diploma, certificate or degree
- Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to make decisions and be a self-starter
- Able to work in a team environment
- Capable of conducting hazard and risk management assessments
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety legislation and regulations
- Knowledge of corporate, federal and state EHS policies, rules and standards
This is a working leader position, therefore heavy lifting and manual labor is part of the job. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts on the factory floor, and may need to work in an environment where the noise level could be moderate to very loud.
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer.