Strategic EHS oversight of multiple Stanley Black & Decker manufacturing plants and distribution centers.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Translate corporate requirements (external/internal auditing programs, environmental reporting requirements, safety initiatives, roadmaps, scorecards, training programs) into management systems with site-specific goals.
- Establish training goals and objectives.
- Identify and communicate of best management practices across the product group.
- Ensure facilities maintain current environmental, safety and security data on the EHSS website.
- Oversee and assist EHS Coordinators during facility restructuring projects/major process changes to verify that environmental permits are obtained at any facility prior to the installation or modification of equipment/process change.
- Assist Plant Managers in the recruiting and training of site EHS Coordinators
- Liaise between plant management and government agencies on regulatory issues.
- Analyze and report site and product group performance against goals to VP of Operations and Corporate Director of EHS.
- Steward annual EHS audits to support compliance certification, provide oversight of audit corrective actions, and report to Director of EHS on audit results, as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in health and safety or environmental sciences. Certified Safety Professional (or equivalent) preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in industrial manufacturing or regulatory government environment.
- Ability to travel 30% of the time to support operations sites.
- Agility to assume different roles in response to business needs
- Personality able to balance strong sense of compliance urgency with sensitivity to operations needs.
- Strong leadership voice with skills in communication, organization, presentations, and project management.
- Sound analytical skills and ability to gather, interpret, and synthesize complex set