The Manager- EH&S position is responsible for developing, implementing and sustaining programs, policies and practices related to EHS compliance and accident prevention for multiple sites and departments. This includes EHS data management and reporting, interaction with government agencies on EHS compliance matters, and coordination of EHS compliance and accident prevention projects with cross-functional departments (Manufacturing, Facilities, Tech Support, R&D, DC’s and Retail) as well as consultants.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recommends and implements programs to ensure compliance with all applicable local, state and federal EHS regulations including documentation, reporting, training, and program development.
- Maintains existing programs to ensure ongoing compliance activities.
- Partners with Worker’s Compensation Specialist on Incident investigations to identify root causes and prevent recurrence.
- Conduct ergonomic risk assessments and work with department managers to implement corrective actions to minimize employee exposure to strains, sprains and repetitive motion injuries
- Provides support and direction for EHS compliance and accident prevention programs and practices.
- Conduct Industrial Hygiene exposure monitoring to ensure compliance with OSHA PEL’s and Hearing Conservation Program requirements.
- Implements environmental, health & safety training content as well as managing the training schedule to ensure it meets regulatory requirements.
- Interfaces with external regulatory agencies, and internal business partners (manufacturing, Facilities, Tech Support, Engineering, R&D, DC’s, etc.) regarding new product, equipment and process introductions, various EHS initiatives as well as programs and practices.
- Track upcoming regulatory changes, identify impact on Oakley develop plan for implementation of new programs and processes that result from regulatory changes. Develop appropriate “tools” to assist with implementation.
- Lead emergency response program activities and First Responder Team.
- Support Laser Safety Program
- BS in Safety Engineering, Ergonomics, Environmental Engineering, or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience facilitating and managing EHS programs in a manufacturing environment in California
- Broad knowledge of local, state, and federal programs and regulations related to EHS
- Experience interacting with regulatory agencies
- Must have demonstrated the effective utilization of skills in such areas as planning and organizing, decision-making, problem solving, communication, and administration
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple and diverse work assignments with minimal supervision and direction
- Must possess excellent computer skills
- Certification in Industrial Ergonomics a plus
- Strong leadership skills.