Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, coordinate and manages the implementation and maintenance of a comprehensive occupational health and safety program designed to prevent injury, occupational illness and damage to property.
- Converses with facilities managers and EHS representatives at other AngioDynamics
- sites relating to EH&S concerns.
- Draft and recommend company-wide safety and health directive; and maintain company safety-related manual, including preparation and distribution of appropriate updates.
- Determine applicability of administrative and regulatory requirements and other health and safety laws and implement applicable regulations and standards. Maintain current knowledge of legislation, regulations and practices in environmental health and safety, including OSHA, DEC, EPA and NFPA State/ Local Regulations, and advise management regarding the impact on company operations.
- Manages all areas of chemical and biological handling and disposal in compliance with regulatory and environmental standards.
- Establish and implement safety training objectives. Conduct or provide safety/ health related training.
- Maintain records and a database of employee training, medical examinations, licenses, and certifications.
- Setup a corporate training program for CPR, FA & AED for safety team personnel.
- Establish and conduct regular health and safety meetings at applicable company sites at regular intervals while documenting meeting minutes and action items; ensure follow up on action items.
- Represent the company in inspections and hearing conducted by OSHA and other regulatory agencies.
- Manage the facility incident and near miss investigation process to ensure incidents are reported in a timely manner, root causes are identified and corrective actions are tracked through closure.
- Conduct and supervise facility and site inspections, job hazard analysis and other evaluations to identify hazards and potential risks. Make recommendations for changes in equipment and or processes to correct unsafe conditions.
- Monitor and enforce the control of laser hazards and to effect the knowledgeable evaluation and control of laser hazards (ANSI Z136.1).
- Compile, analyze, and interpret statistical data related to occupational illnesses and accidents to determine requirements for new or modified training.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships co-workers, other company employees and the public using principles of good customer service with solid interpersonal and verbal/ written communication skills.
- Drives and promotes zero incident EHS culture throughout site.
- The above is not intended to be an inclusive list of responsibilities. Other activities may be assigned as required by management.
- May perform other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities No
- Manages in order to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory/legal requirements
QUALITY SYSTEMS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports the Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support. Ensure all employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented
Type of Position
Education & Experience
- Bachelors Level of Degree in the Occupational Health or other applicable field of study
- Equivalent work related experience acceptable in lieu of degree No
- 7 years of demonstrated experience in a health and safety capacity with experience in program implementation and oversight
- CPR, First Aid and other applicable health and safety Certifications Required