Broadly speaking, near term deliverables include:
1. Provide professional EHS expertise and leadership to deliver a robust and sustainable EHS culture for the Business;
2. Identify and assess risks throughout the AMETEK SMP Strip facilities. Develop and implement sound control measures consistent with a zero injury – zero environment incidents culture.
3. Lead and manage all AMETEK SMP Strip EHS programs and systems to ensure worker safety and comply with all applicable USDOL OSHA Standards, Directives and Local Emphasis Programs, US EPA and State regulatory agencies. Must operate with credibility as an EHS technical expert, overseeing consultants/contractors with the ability to implement EHS solutions;
4. Coach, lead, mentor and develop managers, supervisors and employees to achieve EHS objectives and to support individual employee EHS knowledge and development. Develop and implement training programs to ensure all workers have current EHS knowledge;
5. Directly and through others, create and implement at SMP Strip, all AMETEK EHS practices, procedures, metrics, systems and structures to align with AMETEK best practices and the USDOL OSHA, US EPA, and similar regulations;
6. Regularly conduct Plant EHS audits and assess Plant EHS Risks. Identify and implement changes to mitigate any risk, improve facility EHS programs, increase the effectiveness of all EHS programs and, where prudent, reduce cost;
7. Is the SMP Strip champion for all Incident Management systems. Develops, implements and improves immediate incident investigation and near miss incident programs which drive continual improvement to meet the AMETEK goal of “Zero Accidents”;
8. Responsible for annual/periodic review of all SMP Strip EHS programs. Responsible for all location industrial hygiene programs. Promptly communicates all results to Plant Management and ensures prompt corrective action where needed;
9. Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of all SMP Strip EHS, USDOL OSHA, US EPA and similar regulatory reports, logs and forms. Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual EHS reports for use by SMP Strip Management which document and communicate applicable EHS metrics and benchmarks;
10. Where applicable, is the primary contact with USDOL OSHA, US EPA and similar regulatory agencies. Is a member of the SMP Strip facility Leadership Teams in the event of a significant site accident or environmental incident. With the support of the site leadership team and Corporate, is the SMP Strip spokesperson in the event of an environmental or safety incident;
11. Understands and leads the site to maintain compliance with permit requirements of hazardous waste disposal (RCRA), storm and sanitary waste water discharge (NPDES), air emissions (Title V/AIMS reporting) and remediation covenants. Maintains compliance with all reporting requirements for all environmental compliance calendar deliverables.
12. Accountable for the effective and efficient allocation and use of all SMP EHS resources. Accountable to establish and communicate the annual EHS business plan and operations budget. Ensures that all EHS activities operate consistent with the plan and the budget. Where applicable, work with internal and external experts to establish world class EHS programs and systems;
13. Responsible for the management of the site Safety Data Sheets for finished product. Support US DOT and International Hazmat shipping directives
14. Aligns SMP Strip EHS initiatives with the SMP EHS and Corporate Compliance directives and programs. Supports property and worker’s compensation insurance initiatives. Reviews applicable Capital Projects to ensure each project meets/exceeds all EHS standards and requirements.
15. Facilitates and assists the AMETEK property insurance company by scheduling and participating in periodic SMP Strip facility audits. Follow up to address and implement corrective actions where applicable.
BS - Environmental, Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Applied Science, Engineering or similar major. 5 - 10 years of demonstrated EHS leadership and success in a primary metals manufacturing environment with an appropriate progression of increased responsibility. Eligible to be certified as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Environmental Auditor (CEA) or a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH). Expertise to use equipment designed to inspect, test, monitor, and measure environmental levels. Experience with Behavioral Based Safety to lead cultural change and to reduce and eliminate risk.
Hands-on experience with the development, implementation and continuous improvement of EHS programs and systems in a manufacturing environment. Proven verbal and written communication skills which enable the incumbent to provide effective and meaningful EHS direction and training to Company employees, customers, division and corporate management. Demonstrated skills with PC office applications such as MS Word, Excel and Power Point.