Provide EH&S (Environment, Health & Safety) and, where applicable, PSM (Process Safety Management) oversight, guidance, competency, and leadership, and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and DuPont Corporate Standards, within site area. Lead, monitor, audit, and provide consulting for maintaining a proactive Plant specific program to achieve Plant EH&S goals and objectives. Jointly accountable to the Production Leader and EH&S Site Leader.
- Implementation of a detailed, task level, day to day Safety and Health program, EH&S work process, standards and procedures. With guidance from the EH&S Site Leader, ensures all plant needs are covered in the program.
- Plant subject matter expert resource for related Safety and Health and/or Process Safety information on procedures, guidelines and standards.
- Introduce and drive best practices across areas, from corporate, and from external benchmarking.
- Plant subject matter expert contact for Safety and Health and/or Process Safety audits and issues.
- Coach teams and individuals on Safety and Health related tasks and activities.
- Develop, implement, and/or administer Safety and/or Process Safety training within the Plant and including HRA and/or PSM where applicable.
- Assist in developing and achieving area or plant Safety and Health goals.
- Ensure compliance tasks are completed (OSHA, EPA and other federal, state, and local requirements applicable to the Plant).
- Perform the Safety and Health and/or Process Safety monitoring, data collection, analyzing and reporting for the Plant.
- Facilitate development and review of area safety procedures and practices and ensures alignment with Site & Corporate policies and standards.
- As required, lead / participate in Safety and Health and/or PSM related reviews, teams and improvement projects.
- Coordinate the schedules for audits in the Safety & Health and/or Process Safety related areas.
- Conduct audits routinely with strong visibility and engagement with employees.
- As required, conduct and document investigations and classification of incidents and ensure follow up actions to prevent re-occurrences that are addressed.
- Where applicable, coordinate PSM element leader meetings and element reviews.
- Where applicable, provide guidance and oversight for organization PSM element teams.
- BS degree or equivalent experience required
- 5-10 years of manufacturing or related experience required
- Line of business experience required
- Process Safety Management (High Hazard Process/Low Hazard Operation) experience required
Capabilities Required for this Role (Knowledge Skills & Abilities):
- BS Engineering discipline with focus on Safety or Health, related field, or other relevant equivalent work experience.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of industry experience with increasing responsibilities in safety management or line leadership with safety emphasis and expectations.
- Extensive experience in high hazard chemical process manufacturing environments.
- Knowledge of appropriate standards, protocols, and systems.
- Microsoft Office knowledge and skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Provide strong influence leadership to achieve strong, sustained systems and processes that support compliance.
- Communicate effectively, orally (public speaking) and in writing to audiences at all levels within DuPont and sometimes to external agencies.
- Safety and/or PSM Auditing skills.
- Experience in coaching, training, networking and facilitation.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Where applicable, knowledge of and experience with Process Safety Management and higher hazard processes (including regulatory covered processes).
- Where applicable, interpret Site and corporate PSM standards for understanding and appropriate application.