EH&S Engineer / Specialist
5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Position Title: EH&S Engineer/Specialist
Position Number: 269172
Location: Urbandale, IA
Desired Skill Set:
Engineer, Safety, Warehouse
Key information for candidates –
Location: Urbandale IA 50353
Title: Safety Technician
• Under direct supervision performs assigned tasks from detailed instructions, established policies and procedures.
• Assists others in implementing and monitoring industrial safety programs to ensure personnel and facility safety.
• Participates with senior safety personnel in monitoring and controlling the organization''s safety standards in accordance with OSHA and State codes and regulations.
• Participates in evaluating new equipment and materials for safety.
• Monitors employee exposure to chemicals and other toxic substances.
• Assists others in performing surveys and inspections to ensure compliance with the organization''s policies, procedures, regulations and standards related to employee safety.
• Assists with testing and servicing safety equipment and systems.
• May assist with maintaining monitoring sampling and analytical equipment and instruments related to safety programs.
• Documents non-compliance or hazardous conditions found and the remedial action taken.
• May maintain storage areas, consumable supply inventories, and personnel protection equipment.
• Responds to emergency situations involving hazardous materials or fire and smoke incidents in the facility.
• Must keep abreast of changes in all OSHA and State safety codes and regulations
• Associatedegree in a technical field directly related to the position and a minimum of 2 years progressive experience; or H.S. diploma with minimum of 5 years progressive experience.
Looking for 3 things on the resumes:
o Having a safety background
o College degreepreferred
o Warehousing/manufacturing background
This person will need to be very organized, detailed oriented and be able to work with minimal supervisor once direction is given.
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California will be administered in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.