We are a company comprised of people who work hard, deliver outstanding results and maintain a sense of humor during even the most challenging times. This is truly a rare opportunity. Lam Research is a market leader where our core values are not just words on the back of your badge. Given the criticality of this role to Lam Research's success, this philosophy starts with you.
- Provides generalist support to environmental, chemical (60%) and occupational safety (40%) programs at Lam’s Fremont, California semiconductor R&D campus.
- Performs a variety of work to develop, implement, and monitor company environmental, chemical and safety programs to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and maintain ISO 14K and 45K registration.
- Assists in evaluation of chemicals, activities and processes for compliance and prevention of EHS impacts.
- Analyzes performance trends to develop objectives under the EHS program.
- Effectively leads positive change where needed to align with business objectives and other laboratory locations.
- Assists Lab Operations and other business units with management of change activities, including equipment and tool installation, process safety review and R&D chemical use approval and pro-active prevention and management initiatives.
- Uses appropriate communications and escalations to inform Fremont EHS Manager of all EHS-related incidents including, but not limited to injuries, illnesses, emergency incidents, including updates until root cause, corrective and preventive actions are identified and implemented.
- Collaborates with all departments and functions as necessary for effective and compliance and sustainability activities.
- Provides governance to ensure accurate, holistic root cause and preventive actions are implemented.
Other Job Responsibilities
- Interacts collaboratively with business units to drive continuous improvement to EHS programs.
- Serves in an influence role to safety committee members, engineering, and operations departments to ensure effective execution of EHS programs.
- Participates as a site emergency responder.
- 12-15 years of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in EHS, chemical engineering, science or engineering required; Master’s degree or related work experience preferred.
- Extensive EHS and/or process safety management (PSM) experience, including at least 5 years of semiconductor, cleanroom, facilities or chemical industry experience.
- Deep technical experience in environmental and/or occupational health and safety, with a strong emphasis in chemical management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, influence, and drive results.
- Ability to apply EHS and regulatory knowledge to business decisions including the development of implementation plans for applicable requirements.
- Practical use of process safety management techniques such as general risk assessment, root cause analysis and HAZOP.
- Ability to run an effective meeting with focus on problem statement and results.
- Can recognize the need, and effectively escalate in the event conflict or misalignment threatens the success of a project.
- Strong computer literacy skills including mastery knowledge of Microsoft suite (excel, word, power-point) skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to influence and drive message on complex content, in front of peers.