We are currently seeking an experienced Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) professional to become a key member of the JLL Central HSSE Team.
Intermittent business travel to various locations within the U.S. and Canada for support of JLL operating location and accounts will be required (est. 20 - 30% travel).
Primary job responsibilities of these two positions will include (within their regions):
- Be the primary point of contact for HSE guidance and support for JLL-managed operations within their regions.
- HSSE regulatory compliance assurance - assist and ensure JLL and/or client HSSE programs are implemented on accounts and their operating sites
- Provide support and guidance to operating sites on their successful completion of and compliance with the Health & Safety and Environmental sections of the JLL Engineering Services Compliance Program (ESCP)
- Assist accounts/sites with the contractor safety pre-qualification (Avetta) “red flag” reviews where assistance is needed
- Be an HSSE Subject Matter Expert (SME) on one (and preferably more) of the key regulatory requirement areas/subjects (SME duties split up between these two positions and the other Central Team EHS personnel so we have strong SME coverage on all required areas of HSSE) across North America.
- Assist in preparation of business proposals HSSE needs, transition HSSE support of new business during the process of contract award to "Day 1", and transformation HSSE assessments within their regions.
- Be an active member of the JLL North America HSSE Leadership Council, participating in HSSE strategic planning to assure that JLL stays ahead of HSSE requirements and trends in our industry and of our key clients
- Participate in the bi-monthly HSSE North Americas all Managers & Directors calls
- Support their respective JLL Regional Business Line Leaders on any safety inquiries or initiatives they have of their regions
- Other related duties as a part of the JLL Central HSSE Team
- Degree in safety or environmental management, industrial hygiene, or other relevant field.
- Ideal candidate will have 12+ years of experience having worked in one or more of the FM service industry, manufacturing industry, banking industry, technology industry, Life Sciences or related fields.
- Proven effective team participant – vitally important in our fast-paced environment where a strong team is critical to success
- Strong preference for internal JLL candidates to be/have been at least at the Account EHS Lead-level (or higher) for at least 2 years.
- Strong working knowledge of Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental regulations and requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A proven record of making presentations and providing effective training
- Proven record of ability to effectively and cooperatively interface with peers, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and clients as well as leadership
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, and ability to employ intelligent flexibility
- Knowledge and experience with implementing HSE management systems a plus
- Relevant professional certifications a plus (e.g. CSP, CIH, CHST, CHMM, etc.)