The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
This Interconnection Manager position is the first in progression and is responsible for managing the interconnection request while serving as the interface between the interconnection customer and the various Company departments involved in the interconnection process. This position handles the scope, schedule and cost of interconnection requests that are processed under FERC and/or CPUC jurisdiction that can interconnect to transmission and/or distribution voltages. In this role, there are no direct reports; rather people and other resources are coordinated with as part of a project team. External contacts include management of customer relationships. Interconnection project duration is typically less than 1 year. The level of responsibility of this position increases with experience. This position serves as a single point of contact for those interconnection requests. Use independent judgment in managing the interconnection process while working with minimal supervision as well as interacting with senior internal and external contacts.
This job is represented by Engineers and Scientists of California (ESC) and is subject to collective bargaining.
- Manages generation interconnection process
- Interprets FERC and CPUC tariffs, rules and regulations.
- Develops, negotiates, coordinates and tenders interconnection agreements.
- Manages interconnection process from receipt of interconnection inquiry and/or application through the settlement process and/or first accurate customer bill.
- Monitors interconnection request and contractual milestone dates, tasks and status
- Communicates interconnection status on a regular basis to all stakeholders.
- Identifies project performance issues, analyzes and addresses them in a timely manner.
- Ensures timely execution of interconnection process milestones in compliance with applicable tariff and retains appropriate records for compliance quality assurance.
- Proactively manage contracts and interact with and support clients (contract counterparties, as well as stakeholders in other departments within PG&E). If necessary, manage contractual amendments documents that may arise during implementation or after execution of the contract.
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of generation interconnection requests to ensure coordination of all contract obligations.
- Identifies and communicates contractual issues to impacted stakeholders.
- Maintains interconnection records and documentation such as interconnection application,
- technical studies, contract development work papers, project status reports, customer correspondence and other documentation for generator interconnections.
- Manages invoicing process for deposits required for engineering, procurement and construction and ensures deposits are collected.
- Review and assist in the preparation of project settlements
- Manages interconnection agreement development for existing generators requiring contract conversion.
- Provides support to journey and Senior Interconnection Managers in performance of risk assessments to identify and prioritize operational, regulatory, financial, technology, reputation, and other business risks.
- Assists with the design and implementation of internal controls.
- Under supervision, assesses the level at which controls are operating.
- Assists with internal and external audit and data requests.
- Provides support to Journey and Senior Interconnection Managers in establishing and managing corrective action program.
- Provides support to maintain repository of compliance requirements and controls. Provides support for EGI on IT initiatives and implementation.
- Assists with development of standards, procedures, and training materials that support compliance and controls awareness.
- Responsible for execution of internal controls.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or its equivalent in education and experience.
- Experience in transmission, distribution, business planning, service planning, engineering, construction/project management, accounting, auditing, and/or finance, at PG&E, 3 years
- Must include minimum 4 years experience transmission, distribution, business planning, service planning, engineering, construction/project management, accounting, auditing, and/or finance, if hired externally
- Knowledge and experience with both distribution and transmission voltage interconnection projects.
- Uses independent judgment in selecting and applying correctly the applicable FERC and CPUC tariffs and agreements related to the interconnection project.
- Knowledge of internal control principles.
- Knowledge of business risk assessment methodologies.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret qualitative and quantitative data.
- Strong understanding of FERC and CPUC regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work with internal and external customer/clients.
- Ability to handle many interconnection requests simultaneously and prioritize work effectively.
- Problem resolution and decision making ability.
- Demonstrates initiative and good judgment in resolving issues
- Ability to lead group meetings effectively and influence others to build agreement.
- Demonstrates strong competence/proficiency in written and verbal communications.
- Good facilitation and presentation skills.
- Business computer skills, such as Microsoft Office Suite, ENOS, CC&B, ABS, SAP, DART, ECTS, GIS and Visio.
- Ability to refer to the applicable clauses of the tariff to facilitate the project.
Requisition ID # 13899