This role will continuously improve the efficiency of Twitter’s infrastructure at scale and developers’ productivity via innovation on tooling and methodologies. If you have empathy for developers, passion for engineering productivity, and experience delivering scalable distributed systems - you will find this role liberating, challenging and most of all fun.
We are Twitter’s Engineering Effectiveness organization, and we help Twitter engineers develop world class software by implementing build systems for complex, polyglot source code, and developing source control systems and continuous integration infrastructure
What You’ll Do
- Understand developer workflows and help improve their experience with IntelliJ and the Pants Build tool.
- Support and enhance the Pants plugin for IntelliJ IDEA
- Design, develop and deliver distributed engineering build tools and platforms for one of the largest code bases in the world, using multiple languages.
- Work collaboratively in an Agile, CI/CD environment
- Work with Open Source community to coordinate contributions to the product and help define the roadmap
- Evangelize adoption of open source tools in the developer community at large
Who you are
You will have exposure/experience with most of the following:
- Scala, Java (or any JVM language), Rust, Python or C, C++
- Development of build tools, cloud caching and IDEs
- Algorithms and data structures
- Web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Open source community
- Large, polyglot code bases.
- Agile development methodologies, CI/CD
- Engineering teams implementing build systems for complex source code, developing source control systems and continuous integration infrastructure