Elsevier is seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic B2B sales professional with experience in for profit higher education, publishing, technology and/or healthcare sales environments. Due to our “deep bookbag” of products, we need dedicated and quick learning professionals who have worked with complex, customizable products.
This role gives those who are passionate about higher education and continued learning an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students pursuing a career in the field of Nursing & Allied Health.
- Education Sales Consultants (ESC) promote academic learning tools to nursing, health science, medical professionals and corporate executives in for profit education companies.
- This position is responsible to increase revenue and reach sales goals by creating mutually beneficial relationships and partnering with customers in the assigned territory.
- ESCs must be able to identify customer needs through solution-based selling techniques and demonstrate the full value of the Elsevier suite of products, which include textbooks, online and electronic educational resources.
Ideal candidates will be based in CO, OR, NV, UT as the territory encompasses schools in these areas.
This is a home-based opportunity reporting to the West Regional Manager of Private Sector Education. This position requires approximately 35% weekly overnight travel and therefore should reside within 45 miles of a major airport.
- Account Management and Business Development in a thriving territory
- Offer superior customer service, commanding presentations, finely-honed negotiation skills and excellent training skills with both print and digital products, ideally in education
- Drive successful adoption, training, and implementation of the solution portfolio for customers in your territory
- Act as a trusted advisor to Higher Education and C-suite professionals at client universities by using sector knowledge to advise customers in decision-making, support and guidance aligned to their curriculum
- Track sales pipeline, leads, and sales cycle using Salesforce.com
What you should bring
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- 3-4 years of sales experience in technology, higher education, publishing and/or healthcare sales
- Proven track record of sales success, meeting and/or exceeding sales goals a majority of years.
- A passion to get the maximum satisfaction of your customers
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills in English
- Have used products in product portfolio, or else similar products
- Background in customer engagement and driving customer adoption
- A genuine interest in health science education and the integration of technology into the educational arena
- High-energy, positive attitude
- A valid driver's license with a good driving record are required (Motor vehicle check required).