We are seeking an outstanding lawyer with 3+ years’ experience to join the legal team for our Education, Government, & Nonprofit group. This lawyer’s primary responsibility will be to support the Education & Government sales team for the entire life-cycle of a deal, starting at or before the RFP stage. As part of this the lawyer will draft, review and negotiate complex cloud ERP transactions for Workday. He or she will also handle general corporate matters as necessary and work closely with the Education & Government sales management team. Much of this lawyer’s interactions will be with non-attorneys within Workday.
We seek a lawyer who will be engaged fully, communicate openly and forge close working relationships throughout our company. We seek a confident self-starter who can prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities and who enjoys working in a fast-paced and high-energy environment. We seek a leader, who can use his or her exceptional judgment and strong legal and interpersonal skills to be comfortable, effective and persuasive in dealing with senior management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft, review and negotiate complex, cloud-based ERP transactions
- Provide general legal advice on a variety of topics
- Negotiate and draft corporate documents and other general corporate work
- Provide legal review and advice for the RFP process
Required Skills & Experience:
- JD and excellent academic credentials
- Prior experience with Education & Government or other highly regulated industry technology procurement
- Bar Admission
- 3+ years of law firm or in-house legal department work experience, with at least 2 years focused on negotiation of significant technology transactions
- Experience with win-win negotiation; mediation work is considered relevant in this regard
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Detail-orientated and meticulous practitioner
- Strong leadership ability, including outstanding influence and communication skills
- Strong team player who can work well with Workday colleagues in Education & Government, Finance, Human Resources, Sales Operations, and other functional groups
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-output, team oriented, practical environment
- Demonstrated willingness to identify and act on ways he or she may assist others to accomplish corporate goals
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for solving problems and adding value to the company
- Committed to his or her personal growth and development by actively seeking feedback and responding with action
- Open and honest in communications with all stakeholders – legal colleagues, management customers, auditors, regulators and others.
- Enthusiastic about use of technology in the workplace