Education Analyst- Studies of Doctoral and Postdoctoral Education
The Education and Workforce Development Unit at RTI International has an opening for the position of Education Analyst. Education and Workforce Development (EWD) specializes in conducting large-scale national cross-sectional and longitudinal education surveys. EWD offers expertise in survey methodology, complex statistics and sampling methodologies, computerized data collection management, computer-assisted telephone and personal interviewing, tracing and field data collection, and Web-based data collection. This person will support project activities associated with survey design and data collection, data management, methodological data analysis, and reporting in postsecondary education.
Please include a cover letter when applying. It should include previous experience as it relates to the position, interests, and a list of graduate level statistical coursework.
- Assist the design and development of survey instruments and lead development of survey sections.
- Provide technical support for and assist with the monitoring of data collection and quality assurance activities.
- Provide methodological support during data collections to include quality control activities.
- Assist with derived variable development.
- Manipulate large data sets and plan and perform statistical analyses as member of an analysis team.
- Assist in the preparation of text, statistical tables and graphics for project reports and presentations.
- Assist with the preparation of Office of Management and Budget (OMB) packages for new information collections and the renewal of existing information collection.
- Assist with the research and literature review of published and web-based education research information sources.
- Write proposal sections of limited technical complexity and gather background information to support proposal efforts.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as required.
- Master's degree in social science discipline with at least 1 year of related professional experience in survey research, data management and statistical programming.
- Demonstrated proficiency in analyzing large data sets using SAS, STATA or R. SAS is preferred. (Sample of code helpful)
- Experience in postsecondary/higher education.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Ability to synthesize data and communicate findings effectively.
- Ability to manage competing tasks.
- Ability to work independently and with teams, and to establish and maintain good working relationships with supervisors, coworkers, and clients.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Work experience in STEM fields or university administration