Requisition ID 1700TVG
Essential Job Functions
- Researches current and prospective customer requirements to ensure products meet needs. Researches and analyzes competitor products and services to determine company product competitiveness in market. Analyzes data and communicates information to sales force to ensure marketing strategies correspond to market demands.
- Develops and maintains market research databases. Disseminates information to appropriate parties, as needed, to build stakeholder awareness of market trends and to develop strategies that enhance company market competitiveness.
- Analyzes current market research and statistical techniques to develop market research methods. Uses appropriate research methods such as surveys, opinion polls or questionnaires; designs means to collect market data.
- Develops market surveys and conducts focus groups to analyze customer purchasing pattern, preferences, view of organization's image and organization's marketing effectiveness. Conducts analyses, investigations and evaluations.
- Supports and ensures maintenance of consistent corporate image throughout product lines, promotional materials and events.
- Supports negotiating of contract terms with outside agencies and suppliers for commercial products and services.
- Communicates with outside advertising agencies on aspects of ongoing organizational campaigns such as marketing strategies and marketing initiatives; ensures campaigns adapt to changing market trends. Participates in discussions involving changes to campaigns or development of new marketing campaigns.
- Plans, promotes and executes promotional meetings and community and goodwill events to enhance corporate image.
- Partners with marketing research management in developing complex market research objectives to help meet strategic goals.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel. May assist in the formal training of less experienced personnel.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration or related field preferred
- Nine or more years of marketing experience
- Experience working with marketing research methodology
- Experience working with the technology industry
- Experience working with business processes
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients
- Leadership skills to train, guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Good personal computer, statistical software, and business solution software skills
- Ability to create and maintain informal networks
- Ability to lead and work in a team environment
- Background in journalism is a plus