This role will lead Juniper’s internal technical eDiscovery practice working as a member of the Digital Forensics team (DFT) and reporting to the Director of Information Security over Forensics, eDiscovery, Data Loss Prevention, and Information Governance.
Juniper’s DFT has experienced substantial growth and we are looking to completely reboot how we handle eDiscovery to focus on operational efficiency and maturity. This role will be responsible for this progression, with the end goal being the internalization of all data, while working with key vendor partners to execute review and production through our platforms.
As Juniper Networks is on the leading edge of the adoption and creation of new technologies, the correct candidate will need to enjoy working on complicated technical challenges with some of the best and brightest engineers in the industry.
- Reboot current offerings, improve defensibility, identify gaps for training, build robust QC process
- Internalize control of all Juniper data by leveraging our in-house and hosted tools to provide access to third parties
- Create a new workflow process where Juniper is much more involved in the detail-oriented tasks of surgical collections and processing, hosting data in our platform, and managing the cases and vendors. Only review and production will be managed by the vendor, using our platform
- Proactively create collections schemas for internal Juniper systems commonly used in discovery
- Develop program with IT Risk Management to identify and funnel risks for proper management to the ITRM team
- X. X is whatever you see as an important project that we should focus on. Being at Juniper isn’t just about executing on assigned tasks, but seeing opportunities for improvement and driving that improvement. You are empowered to make lasting change
- Ownership and delegation of key EDRM tasks
- Creation of new defensible collection techniques for a variety of data sources
- Writes policies and standard operating procedures governing data preservation and review.
- Leads eDiscovery activities in pursuance of investigations and litigation
- Conducts imaging and data extraction processes on a variety of media including mobile devices.
- Observes proper evidence custody and control procedures, documents procedures and findings and prepares comprehensive written notes and reports.
- Translates legal and security requirements for purposes of identifying appropriate vendors and technical solutions for eDiscovery
- May work with Federal and/or state and local law enforcement agencies.
- Develops, researches and maintains proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures and trends in eDiscovery and computer forensics
- Mentors junior members of the team on eDiscovery, digital forensic techniques, and other topics.
- Disassembles and reassembles electronic devices such as computers, associated peripherals and cell phones.
- Participates in incident response sometimes taking ownership and leading an incident to conclusion.
- Cultural awareness of how different geographies operate in their use of written/spoken communication, cultural norms, and use of technology
- Ability to engage in the open discussion of new ideas and concepts in a constructive and energizing way
- Extensive experience developing successful eDiscovery programs with rigorous integrated quality control
- 8-12 years or more experience in the Information Security or Legal industry with 8+ years of computer forensics and eDiscovery experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent industry experience
- Proficiency with forensic techniques and the most commonly used forensic toolsets, such as EnCase, and FTK Suite
- Windows, Mac, Linux and Unix experience including deep knowledge of file system layout, email structures, log file analysis, timeline creation, web browser forensics and file carving
- Demonstrated ability to reconstruct events from digital evidence
- Strong knowledge of Exchange, Active Directory, TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use independent judgment to make sound, justifiable decisions and take action to solve problems.
- Customer-focused mindset, with demonstrated skill in managing expectations, providing proactive status updates, and producing high-quality work product
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives
- Infrastructure investigation skills
- Law enforcement or legal experience
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Experience in-house as well as operating as a vendor
- Coding experience
- EnCE, CFCE or ACE certification
- ACEDS certification
- CISSP certification