5 - 7 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
Huntington Ingalls Industries – Newport News Shipbuilding Division is looking for a qualified eDiscovery Analyst to support a newly developed eDiscovery capability.
Litigations and investigations increasingly rely on collecting, preserving and analyzing vast amounts of data. As the amount of data increases, it becomes imperative to effectively manage the eDiscovery workflow and relationships with data custodians and outside counsel. More importantly, the work has to be done accurately and timely. The key is to have the right blend of software and people to ensure this happens.
Reporting to the Cyber Network Defense Manager, the analyst will work in a hands-on capacity to identify, preserve, collect, and analyze electronically-stored information. The analyst must have a high attention to detail, be very flexible, and have the ability and desire to learn new technical tools and procedures.
• Perform technical work utilizing defined procedures and tools.
• Identify data custodian user IDs and data store locations.
• Manage the collection of data from data custodians.
• Manage and maintain eDiscovery tools, network, and hardware
• Search data per instructions.
• Communicate with data custodians and requesters as necessary.
• Collaborate with outside counsel, external vendors, and/or otherinternal IT groups as required.
• Utilize IT skills and experience to define potential solutions to technical exceptions.
• Communicate potential technical solutions to eDiscovery management, requesters, and/or other IT groups.
• Accurately and timely report progress, schedule, and issues for technical work.
5Years with Bachelors in Science; 3Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
• CCE: Certified Computer Examiner
• EnCE: Encase Certified Examiner
• CFCE: Certified Forensics Computer Examiner
• CSFA: Cyber Security Forensics Analyst
• Experienceworking with advanced eDiscovery tools such as Recommind and/or Relativity
• Knowledge of Electronic Discover Reference (EDR) Model
• Experience With BooleanOperators
• Experience with industry standard Digital Forensic methodologies and toolsets (EnCase, FTK, X-WAYS, SIFT, Blacklight, Helix, etc )
• Experience creating custom scripts (e.g., PERL, Python, shell)
• Proficient in the collection of a wide range of data sources including: Exchange/O365/Outlook, SharePoint, file shares, archiving systems, back-up systems, and mobile devices
• Ability to communicate technical information and analysis to both a technical and non-technical audience
• Experience with writing operational documentation
• Must exercise discretional and confidential behavior while working with sensitive information