The EDI Technical Analyst works with Nestlé peers including the LGO, RBS, D&B, GTS-ICC, GXS and various business units to design, develop, maintain and enhance the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) system from a functional and technical standpoint. The Analyst completes challenging deliverables from various projects and implementations, provides 2nd level EDI/SAP production support, and provides after-hours support as necessary.
The incumbent assists with development, testing, and support activities related to the implementation of interfaces between all LGO system modules. This includes analyzing and understanding technical challenges, developing specifications for identified system and business interfaces, and resolving technical issues that affect business processes.
The individual occupying this position will perform production support activities across the full technical landscape including Inovis/Harbinger, Axway/Cyclone, IDSS, Mercator and SAP.
Additionally, this role applies technical knowledge and expertise to develop appropriate test scenarios and scripts and analyzes test results, customizes interfaces for new and existing system and business deployments, ensures interface designs and development are aligned with technical and architectural best practices, and develops and supports EDI mapping functionality.
In addition, the incumbent collaborates with managers to ensure that the system delivers the specified and necessary functionality and works with team members to complete deliverables.
In order to be successful in these areas, the role requires in-depth technical experience in the areas of Unix, Shell scripting, SQLPlus, and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), and requires that the incumbent effectively works to identify business requirements, assess available technologies, and recommend solutions supporting Nestlé business processes and EDI interfaces.
· Provide on-going production support, regularly monitor status of interfaces and systems hosting business applications, resolve service desk help tickets; provide technical assistance to customers, collaborate with appropriate teams to implement and test system fixes
· Collaborate with LGO, RBS, D&B, GTS-ICC, GXS and various business units to complete E2E processes. This includes analysis, design, development of EDI maps and Shell scripts, conducting testing, training end-users and peers, and implementing system enhancements and solutions
· Ensure NUSA EDI system reliability and accuracy that meets service level objectives with exceptional incident resolution
· Eliminate business disruption through incident root cause analysis and the implementation of mitigation actions to prevent issues from re-occurring.
· Optimize the NUSA EDI production support model in terms of services, SLO’s, capacity, and costs.
· Analyze EDI processes and host Unix server and understand how they are integrated and automated. Examine business processes to determine how they translate into EDI application requirements.
· Develop data extractions, scripts and reports from user requests or approved requirements. Use database or specialized applications to generate reports and analyses.
· May provide on-call, after hours support and coverage
· Additional responsibilities as identified or needed
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
· A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business, or related discipline, or equivalent and relevant work experience
· Knowledge of and experience working with Unix methodologies is required
Knowledge of and experience working with EDI applications is required
· Minimum of 8 years of experience in an IT environment working with Unix applications
· Experience successfully developing and implementing ERP or other complex IT applications
· Experience working with EDI tools and systems including Harbinger and Mercator
Strong track-record for delivering results in a highly matrixed and complex corporate environment
· IBM AIX systems and analysis experience required for 2nd level support
· Requires experience installing, upgrading and supporting applications in IBM AIX 6.1 and above
· Understanding of database concepts and hands-on experience with SQLPlus queries
· Advance knowledge of Unix commands
· Experienced in Bourne/Korn Shell scripting
· Experience with EDI, Mercator and Harbinger environment
· Strong analytical aptitude with a proven ability to analyze/interpret business requirements and translate them into technical solutions
· Excellent verbal and written skills, organizational and time-management abilities
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, including aptitude for mentoring and coaching others, and the ability to work with personnel at all organizational levels.
· Flexibility and adaptability to the demands and requirements of a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities; ability to work on multiple projects and assignments simultaneously
· Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to complex problems that may not have one clear answer; the ability to identify alternatives, workarounds or temporary solutions
· The ability to challenge the status quo and recommend new methods and solutions to problems and issues
· Expert problem solver, experience in process improvement
· Works well in a team environment or individually, with a positive attitude
Proficient in MS Office suite.