EDI Business Leader
Allegion (NYSE: ALLE) helps keep people safe where they live, work and visit. Allegion is pioneering safety as a provider of security solutions for homes and businesses through 23 global brands. Allegion specializes in security around the doorway and beyond: everything from residential and commercial locks, door closers and exit devices, steel doors and frames, to access control and workforce productivity systems. Allegion is a $2 billion business employing more than 7,600 people and offering products in more than 120 countries across the world. As an advocate for better safety around the world, Allegion comprises thought leaders and visionaries who solve customers’ toughest security challenges. We’re progressive, collaborative, expert and forthright in all that we do. We’re looking for talented people to advance their careers and grow alongside our business. We invite you to connect with us today.
As the Automated Order Management/EDI Leader, you will have responsibility for executing customer experience design elements which will influence a customer-centric organizational culture. You will use strong relationship and leadership skills to execute deliverables and partner throughout the organization to drive customer experience ownership through process, people and systems. This position will execute strategic initiatives of business critical programs to facilitate revenue of over $300M annually and drive growth in automated order revenue management by expanding to additional capable trading partners as well as enhanced execution for existing trading partners. This role requires a wide-range of capabilities to include technical, relationship, leadership, project management and strategic execution.
- Oversee business processes and resources to support EDI both from a growth and ongoing maintenance perspective.
- Own the central coordination of trading partner activities requiring internal and external relationships and partnering with B2B trading partners (external customers), IT, 3PL (IBM, Lighthouse, etc.) Sales, Customer Care, Supply Chain, Operations, etc.to drive growth in automated order revenue management by identifying customers who are automation capable, new customers trading partner onboarding (if capable), as well as enhancing automated ordering transactions with existing trading partners.
- Lead the EDI Functional Team. Develop and challenge resources to improve performance through systems utilization and process improvements aligned directly to the voice of the customer to drive sustained customer centric culture.
- Lead team members in alignment with Allegion Values, ensure learning and growth opportunities and provide appropriate coaching to ensure deliverables are met, enhance performance and drive genuine employee engagement.
- Lead and/or participate in new program and/or project initiatives related to customer experience strategies, systems, people, process or improvements to drive brand loyalty and revenue growth.
- Partner with Sales, the Consumer Driven Business Team, and other go to market teams in order to establish EDI trading partner onboarding pipeline, evaluate fit, and establish priorities.
- Partner extensively with IT and other key stakeholders to ensure current trading partner structure for automated ordering is migrated smoothly through the ERP business transformation initiative.
- Partner with the IT EDI leader to give direction and support to the teams as well as establish improvement objectives and plans.
- Collaborate with the EDI team to solve complex trading partner and system issues.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders in the business, such as finance, to ensure compliance and continuity.
- Effectively communicate at a levels internally and externally. Convey strategy, program/initiative status, and risk. Develop business cases to support initiatives and obtain funding.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with trading partners (external customers) to drive brand loyalty and enhance automated order revenue management efficiencies.
- Coordinate resources for automated ordering and other related business system transformation and act as a liaison between business partners, IT, trading partners and all key stakeholders.
- Develop resource plans to support both onboarding and ongoing maintenance of EDI transactions. May also include other forms of digital order information exchange as technology evolves.
- Perform appropriate benchmarking within the industry to enhance measurement and goal setting to enhance performance.
- Continuously improve the EDI process performance and infrastructure by establishing appropriate performance indicators, standard work, and improvement/problem solving processes.
- Helps to synthesize unstructured problems and insights into tangible understanding that can easily be communicated to others through the use of such techniques as scenario creation, storytelling and customer journey mapping along different touch points that highlight user goals, interactions and experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or relevant field, Master’s degree preferred
- 7-10 years progressive customer facing experience
- 5+ years within Information Technology field to include trading partner automation support
- Proven experience managing leaders
- Exceptional customer focus with ability to understand customer needs
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proven process improvement, lean methodology experience
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Problem solving ability in a complex environment
- Ability to think strategically and execute to get results
- Proven commitment to achieve goals
- Ability to design and drive performance improvement
- Customer centric with the ability to balance customer benefits and business goals effectively
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to execute/implement on strategic design
- Capability to manage multiple priorities, manage virtual teams and gain cooperation while driving accountability
- Collaboration and strong interpersonal skills leading within the organization as a change agent
- Some travel required (approximately 25%)
Olathe KS 2119 E Kansas City
Allegion is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through the career site, please click here for special accommodation.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.