EDI Business Analyst
Our client, a growing, established company is looking for an EDI Business Analyst to join their team in the Southwest Suburbs of Chicago on a contract basis. Must work on-site 100% of the time. The contract duration will be 3+ months, and there's a possibility for conversion to a FTE for the right candidate. The EDI Business Analyst coordinates between internal users, external trading partners and application providers for EDI initiatives. He/she will be responsible for new interface transaction implementations such as EDI, as well as troubleshooting with new and existing trading partners to solve transaction issues. The analyst may also have direct involvement with testing new application software upgrades required to support EDI transactions. The EDI Business Analyst will also be responsible for establishing standards as needed, and for making sure that processes and standards are followed.
* Obtaining customer electronic interface requirements and matching them with solutions available. This may involve working with the EDI technical team to design new solutions and/or applications changes.
* Creating integration solutions between the company and its customers through communication, understanding and development.
* Communicating customer EDI requirements.
* EDI or similar map development using data translation software. Thorough testing of maps prior to production release.
* Prioritizing necessary EDI and/or application implementations/changes and ensuring that they are delivered in a timely manner.
* Managing all technical aspects of integration related projects through standard project management practices. Track development time as it relates to projects.
* 2+ years of related experience with formal training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S) from four-year College or University or equivalent technical certification is desirable.
* Monitoring transmission reports initially.
* Interfacing with trading and business partners.
* Process control, including the scheduling, sending, re-sending, and prioritization of messages.
* A basic understanding of EDI documents ( X12 or XML ). Understanding of how they are used in the Logistics industry is a plus.
* Working knowledge of EDI ANSI X12 and EDIFACT standards (including the following transaction sets: 210, 214, 846, 850, 856, 888, 940, 943, 944, 944, 945, 947).
* Developing EDI specifications.
* Integration to back-end systems using established applications integration technologies and architectures.
* Translation of messages using OpenText (GXS) BizManager or other translating software on a Windows platform.
* Creating test files and conducting testing with trading partners.
* Managing and executing EDI projects.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, initiative and assertiveness.
* Troubleshooting integration or mapping failures to resolution, identifying root causes and preventing future issues.
* Communicating status and open issues to the customers.
* Analyzing data quality in terms of accuracy, timeliness and completeness.
* Ensuring that EDI and application solutions are synchronous so that the logic and data match as necessary.