We are recruiting for a talented CAD/EDA engineer to implement high quality and creative solutions within the design environment to enhance the productivity and quality of our engineering team. In this position you will be responsible for managing foundry PDK integration and enhancement, verification and deployment of vendor IP solutions as well as developing solutions to assist with design reuse across a range of foundry providers and nodes. Based in either Scotland or California, this is a hands-on role where you will work closely with the CAD and Methodology activities to develop technology, flows and procedures that support our company goal of first-time right silicon. The position reports to the EDA/CAD Engineering Director.
· Develop and improve state-of-the-art RF, analog and mixed-signal design flows 30%
· Integrate, validate and improve several Process Design Kits (PDKs) from silicon foundries 30%
· Establish design rules for improved manufacturability (DFM) 5%
· Teach design engineering community about new tool features and ease their use for better productivity, disseminate best practices 25%
· Close collaboration with IC design team and EDA tool vendors’ technical staff. 10%
· Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering.
· Demonstrated knowledge of transistor-level analog circuit simulation tools and front end environments such as Cadence Virtuoso
· Demonstrated knowledge of layout design tools and parasitic extraction tools
· Demonstrated knowledge of analog and mixed-signal IC design and layout
Valid through: 6/9/2021