The PDK Development EDA/CAD Engineering Manager leads a team of PDK development engineers and technicians, working in close cooperation with Product Design, Process Technology Development and Device Modeling teams to produce, support and maintain best-in-industry Process Design Kits (PDKs) for a variety of RFIC, MMIC and module technologies, including GaAs, GaN, laminate, SIP, BAW/SAW and Si technologies.
- Work in close communication and cooperation with Product Design, Process Technology Development and Device Modeling teams to produce, support and maintain best-in-industry Process Design Kits (PDKs) for a variety of RFIC, MMIC and module technologies including:
- Si technologies.
- PDK refers to the PDK itself (schematic capture, layout and simulation), design verification (DRC, LVS, ERC), and supporting automation script programs.
- Lead a team of 9 or more PDK Development engineers and technicians, potentially organized into smaller teams to support a set of similar RFIC/module technologies.
- Manage multiple PDK development projects with respect to planning, resource assignment, on-time delivery, documentation and progress reporting.
- Manage, maintain and improve EDA infrastructure (SharePoint) distribution channels. Assist design engineering users in the installation and setup of EDA tools.
- Manage, maintain and improve the EDA Development infrastructure (e.g., source code control and management).
- Interface with 3rd party Electronic Design Automation (EDA) vendors (e.g., Keysight, AWR, Cadence, Mentor Graphics) to communicate Qorvo specific needs for vendor product support, maintenance and development.
- BSEE or BSCE/BSCS and 10 + years' experience (or equivalent) working with Electronic Design Automation (EDA) for RF/microwave IC and module product design.
- 3+ years' experience in successful EDA/CAD team leadership and project management.
- Must have Python programming proficiency
- Proven leadership and management skills: cross functional team cooperation, employee development, problem solving, conflict resolution, project management.
- Familiarity with high performance RFIC, MMIC and module design flows.
- Proficiency with major electronic design automation (EDA) software platforms (e.g. Cadence, Mentor Graphics, Keysight, AWR).
- Proficiency developing RFIC/MMIC PDKs for ADS, AWR and Cadence software platforms.
- Proficiency developing DRC, LVS and ERC rule decks for M.G. Calibre or Cadence Assura.
- Proficiency writing SKILL, Ample and AEL script programs.
- Proficiency with Windows and LINUX computer systems and system administration.
- Proficiency with LINUX shell, VB, C/C++, PERL, Python and general programming.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Some travel may be required, ~ 0 to 10 days per year, depending on company needs.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT QORVO
We are Qorvo. We do more than create innovative RF solutions for the mobile, defense and infrastructure markets – we are a place to innovate and shape the future of wireless communications. It starts with our employees. As a unified global team, we bring a commitment to excellence, growth and a passion for creating what's next. Explore the possibilities with us.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, and/or any other status protected by law.